Would you pay £30 to get into a free bar club?

This is some market research but would you pay £30 to get into a club. The £30 includes a free bar from 9:30pm till 12pm then after that you have to pay for drinks. Does that seem reasonable?

• Yeh
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont think you'd make any money. Honestly would check into the legal ramifications. I know you had another question with it being illegal to give free shots. The bar is still responsible for over serving as far as the US goes but i wouldn't be surpirsed if uts the same over there. So you'd need to know if this would be legal and how often would you do it? Because yeah for the weekends and Friday nights it would be great but the weekdays would be slower.

• Yeh I'm thinking of doing it Friday 10-11:30 and Saturday 10:30 -12. Just to bring people in. But on Thursdays it'll be £8 entrance and drinks will be £2.50-£8. I'll have a lot of security and staff will be trained to make sure not to serve anyone who looks like they've been drinking too much

• I will definitely watch that. Thanks so much

• Anytime!! Plus it's entertaining lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no!
    Why? Who guarantees me that I'm going to get free cocktails for that time? No one. There may be such a huge line for the bar that I might never make it - it's a ploy. The best you're going to get is ONE free beer or spirit and that's about it...
    Even if I did get 3 cocktails in that time - 30 pounds - waaaaaay too much to pay for that. That's 10 pounds a drink! it's nuts.

• £30 imcludes entry fee as well. Most clubs charge £8 per entry and £2.50 for a shot and £6.50 for drinks such as vodka and a mix etc. So a free bar for £18 where you can get unlimited drinks is not a bad idea. Also when planning a night out and you're worried about finance you know for just £30 you're guaranteed some drinks and an entry therefore you don't have to worry much

• Well... where I live there aren't entry fees...
      Maybe this is a good idea for some contries - richer countries...

• Thank you =)

What Guys Said 15

• That's almost so weighted in favour of the customer it's hilarious.

I can drop £30 just doing 10 shots with a mate.

• What if I drop the time, so make it £30 entrance fee and a free bar from 10:30 - 12

• Generally city centre is the place to do it, you need as many people as you can get for this to pay out. Avoid students if you can though, they will drink you to the cleaners on offers like this.

• Yeah I'm going to be targeting people aged 21 - 30 as they're more likely to have money

• 30 pounds sterling.
    I'm gonna get 30 pounds worth of drunk out of that LOL
    BRING ME THE SPARKLING WINE!
    Someone will need to drive me home.

• Depends on what the drinks are and how quickly they are able to serve them. If they are going to take 30 minutes to serve you a pint of Carling then forget it.

Given how short the timeframe is, I'm skeptical.

• I drink for quite a bit more in that time period so yes, but for that same reason, your business will not last.

• I used to do that all the time during my clubbing days. However, I only do it for certain events such as New Year's Eve. The bars here in NYC usually charge you $50 for open bar (but the entrance is free).

• Okay so would you recommend I raise the price abit? Plus it'll be a free bar from 9:30 till 12 then I'll start charging from 12 till 3.

• That's good. Do they get a lot of customers coming in?

• It depends on the club and the occasion, but for the ones that I went to, it was packed! I'm sure every employee in those establishments were making hella bank that night!

• Depends. Probably indicates a full jammed packed bar during those hours.. So thats a little not fun

Probably would if everyone really wanted to otherwise I prefer to have a relaxing transition from sober to drunk

• I guess it's okay, I go Spoons beforehand; way cheaper.

• Perhaps. I voted no, but then I actually read your question.
    It depends on the bar... not all bars are nice.

• £30 is what? Maybe 5 or 6 pints of Guinness. 3 is my hard limit, so no way!

• On second thought, if I could get 2 or 3 shots of a 17 year old Ardbeg, it could be cost effective.

• I'm not sure how much a pound is, but I think it's fine.

• how about i drink at home with my cheap booze from 9pm untl 12pm and then go to the party?

• this needs to be a thing.

• Would you pay £50 or is that too far?

• It won't be 'cheap' per say but it does guarantee them that if they have £30 on them they can come in the club and drink as much as they want without worrying too much about finance

• ye but only if ur there ;)

• It's a bad idea it 5.50 a drink I only need to drink 6 drinks in 2.5 hours to get more than witch is only about a drink every 20 minutes and I could easily out drink that at with point you'll start to lose money also a offer like that would appeal most so collage kids so your almost certainly going to have someone Date raped at your bar and lots of costly fights

• No way. 30 pounds for 2.5 hours of free drinks? To make it worth it I'd have to drink till I puked and then I won't enjoy the night so it's a waste of money.
    And 30 pounds is a lot of money for a night of alcohol, you can get something a lot better for that price

• Well staff will be trained to make sure everyone doesn't drink way past their limit and it'll be 1 drink per person. What if it was 1:30hr of free drinks? From 10:30 till 12?

• So I'd pay 30 pounds for 1 drink? Way too expensive
      That's even less time, so obviously no

What Girls Said 5

• Actually, I think it is pretty reasonable. I'm not sure how much drinks are because I don't go out to clubs but at the local pub it's like £3 for a pint and I assume cocktails and stuff are more expensive... You can get very drunk on that £30 in a club :P

• Yeah but I want to make profit from it so I might make it either 1:30hr of free drinks for £30 or 2:30hr for £50 entrance

• The thing is, the longer people are there; the more likely they are to stay there. Especially if they're drunk. [[ Well, for me lol]]

So I'd start it at 9:30 and end it at 11:30. I'd say 30 pounds is good.
    Most people can't/don't really drink that much except on special occasions. So, they'll spend the money and probably only buy 3 drinks.

Figure 5 pounds a drink, 15 pounds. You're up 15 pounds.

• Yeah that's actually a great idea. My plan is they'll pay £30 entrance, £2 to leave their stuff in a clocks room and £1.50 to get a photo taken by a photographer, which means they'll have spent £33.50 already. I'm hoping to make it very exclusive but I really want to attract a lot of customers

• Back in my party days, yeah for sure I would. I could easily drink my money's worth lol

Now, I wouldn't. I can't drink like that anymore and I don't really enjoy loud bars anymore.

• Yeh I'm hoping to target 21-24 year olds but I feel as though it'll mostly be 18 - 21 year olds as they are new to drinking etc

• Vote B. I rarely have to pay to get into clubs or bars :P

• This is a trick question.

A free bar would let you in for free

• No they wouldn't as the company needs to make money somehow so obviously you'd have to pay for something