GaG community, what's the greatest movie of all time?

I picked 4 movies that commonly top "all time lists," but I wanna see what the GaG community thinks.

Note: Out of these four, I've only seen The Godfather (what a shame, I know, me being the self-proclaimed film buff). Even still, I doubt the other three are better than the masterpiece that is The Godfather.

(If you haven't seen or heard of any of these, please feel free to let me know what your favorite is). SERIOUS OPINIONS ONLY! I don't want to see you saying "Frozen is the best movie of all time."

• The Godfather
  • Citizen Kane
  • Casablanca
  • Gone With The Wind

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know that a movie can be really great in the way the work of a single mind like a book or an artwork can because it's a collaboration. I mean you could call a baseball team great but they aren't great the way a great work of art is.

There are many films I would rate above any of those. 'Bridge Over the River Kwai', 'The Cook the Thief his Wife and her Lover', 'Marat/Sade', 'Rashomon', et. & etc.

• Bridge Over the River Kwai is so brilliant. Unfortunately, I haven't even heard of the other ones. Excuse my ignorance.

• I tend to go for films with ideas you can ruminate on long after you watch more than just an experience that fills you with wonder at the time. Of those you have listed I'd probably say 'The Godfather' is the best.

• I agree. Thanks for your opinion. The Godfather is one of those movies, for me at least. I can watch it over and over and never get bored. The Shakespearian themes, the transformation of the good college kid to a ruthless psychopath, the major differences between two generations of mobsters--simply the greatest of all time, as far as I'm concerned.

What Girls Said 5

• I've only seen the godfather and it was pretty good.
    If you want to see a classical, I suggest

Sweeney Todd, Demon Barber of fleet street or Sleepy Hallow

• "Pretty good" is putting it mildly. Lol!

I've seen those movies, but I'm not really a fan of that stuff. I don't know why.

• Godfather is some serious shit!
    #godfatherfan

• Saw all of them and the godfather is my favorite. The other 3 were very overrated. Don't get me wrong. I love classic movies but those were overrated.

• Since I am from the south... Gone With the Wind. But I love the Godfather. To Catch a Thief... Steel Magnolias

• the Shawshank Redemption
    Schindler's list
    Back to the future
    Lord of the rings all of them
    the Green mile
    Braveheart
    Gladiator
    Titanic

What Guys Said 13

• Frozen is the best movie of all time

... nah just kidding, but I really did like Inside Out. Might not be a classic but eventually hopefully it will be.

My actual personal favorite is Shutter Island.

I don't really like movies just because they're old.

• Neither do I man. The Godfather could come out next week and I'd love it all the same. For a 'old' movie, it's really well directed and in great, timeless quality.

• Ah I see cool

• The Rocky movies

• Well.. the shawshank redemption were once nominated as such.

• While a great film, I think Shawshank has been a bit overrated. It doesn't really deserve #1 of all time, but it's certainly in my top 10.

• Yeah who knows really. Schindlers list and Sophie's Choice were pretty good as well.

• Just saw Schindler's List again the other day, definitely in my Top 10. Beautiful movie.

• The Godfather. I haven't seen Gone With the Wind though. Casablanca is better than Citizen Kane though.

• Out of the 4, godfather. But that's not even the best godfather movie. The 2nd is. I haven't seen citizen Kane, though. But there are movies better than those 4

• I agree that Part 2 has a slight edge over Part 1, but it doesn't feel right to place a sequel in a poll. Despite the fact that this particular sequel is a damn masterpiece. I enjoyed Al Pacino and the character of Michael Corleone more than Vito/Brando anyways.

• The Gladiator needs to be on the list fr

• As an all time great? It's a great movie but I don't see it going up against heavyweights like The Godfather, Raging Bull, etc.

• Hitchcock's Vertigo...

• Godfather in those 4

• And out of those 4?

• It depends on the category. I like braveheart as history/war movie. Dram is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

• My favorite war film is probably Saving Private Ryan, but I do remember watching Bravehart with my dad many times. Awesome. Too bad Mel Gibson is a whackjob.

• NONE!

The greatest movie of all time to me has got to be either The Crow or The Matrix.

• 1. Star Wars
    2. Indiana Jones
    3. Lord of the Rings
    4. Thin Red Line

• The Shawshank Redemption by Frank Darabont.

• None. This is, of course in my opinion, the greatest movie of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xZX6qMt10

• All are gay like clay Aiken