Calling all young adult fiction novel and dystopia fans, what would women think of Hiro Protagonist and what do men think of Y. T, both of Snow Crash?

Nowadays, there's a lot of dystopian fiction of young romance, such as Twilight, The Hunger Games, Divergent, and 50 Shades of Gray. Please don't be offended if you like those novels, I respect your tastes, but I don't exactly agree with how it teaches young women to have Stockholm syndrome for their Prince Charming. It's contributing to the princess culture that we see today. To all you females out there: How would you feel about MY favorite male dystopian fiction character from "Snow Crash?" His name is Hiro. He is what you'd call a nerd action hero, since he is both a computer programmer and a swordsman. He is not Caucasian, like your typical dystopian male protagonist (Edward Cullen, Tobias/Four, Christian Grey, etc.), as his mother is Korean and his father is African American. He has coffee-colored skin and long hair in dreadlocks. He dressed in a black leather kimono, samurai style, and has two katana swords on his back. And he rides a motorcycle with custom leathers. To all you males out there: How do you feel about my favorite female dystopian fictional character from that same novel? Her name is Y. T. She has red hair tied in a ponytail. She wears an orange and blue jumpsuit. She rides a hoverboard. And she's got a backpack filled with heavy ass equipment, gadgetry, and circuitry. She is not clumsy or shy like Bella Swan or Anastasia Steele; Y. T. is the streetwise, rebellious, and defiant type. How do you feel about these types of characters, my fellow literature fans?

What Girls Said 1

• Wait, why are his name and style Japanese when he's not Japanese in the slightest?

Anyways, kinda reminds me of Glen from the walking dead who went from a pizza delivery guy (if I remember correctly) to a hero. I think that's a cool concept.

What Guys Said 1

• He us very cyberpunk