If there was an R-Rated Live-Action Batman movie coming up, would you be even more excited than the normal PG/PG-13 ones?

since almost all the animated Batman movies, video games, TV shows and even PG-13 movies are very tame/watered down compared to the comic books?

If you think about it, the Batman comics were never intended for children to begin with and we had to water them down in film, TV and video games so directors and writers can appeal to a larger audience. Imagine watching an R-Rated Batman movie where it actually follows The Killing Joke comic book (with the Joker shooting Barbara Gordon/Batgirl and permanently paralizing her from the waist below with a gunshot to her spine while stripping her naked and photo shooting her) or the Red Hood comic book (where the Joker tortures the 2nd Robin, Jason Todd to death, then Todd turning into Red Hood, killing many criminals in such a gory fashion) or the Joker skinning Monty Alive.

What partially makes me ask this question is the most recent Batman video game, Batman Arkham Knight, being the first M-Rated Batman game.

• Hell yeah, they would be just a tad more accurate with the comics doing this.
  • Kinda.
  • I won't be any more excited of it only because it's the first R-Rated Batman movie. I'll still be excited regardless of movie rating.
  • No, I dislike the idea of making an even more graphic and violent live action Batman movie.
  • No, I just don't care for Batman in general.
  • Others

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as they do it faithfully and don't make it R for the sake of making it R. I think it can really open the doors for great action scenes and a more brutal joker. But we don't need batfleck dropping f bombs all the time.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• As an adult, I'd be perfectly content with all entertainment being rated 18+ or R. There's no reason why I'd enjoy a PG-13 movie more and would not go out of my way to watch anything PG/PG-13 unless it was with my family.