Do you think the whole Ouija board paranormal experiences are actually real? Do you have any experiences with it?

Is it just a marketing scheme?

• Yes. It's real!
  • No. It's a scheme...

Most Helpful Guy

• If I remembered correctly this had already been debunked a long time ago as an effect called the "ideomotor response".

What Guys Said 17

• No a piece of plastic rubbed on a piece of cardboard manufactured by average humans working in some random factory is not going to let you contact people who's brains are entirely not functioning and decaying. The premise is silly. The credibility is less than weak. And it's nothing more than a fun way to put goosebumps on a persons skin. Leave one in a room full of gullible kids and nothing will happen. Leave one in a room of gullible kids and one prankster and you'll contact a ghost.

• Either way I wouldn't mess with it

• Some years ago my best friend and I were with 3 girls who wanted to try that stuff out. Obviously we both are douchebags and ended up both slightly moving the thing which freaked the girls out. Fun times.

But no, I dont believe in it. If there is really such a thing as a connection to a spirit-world, then this board is just unnecessary and only meant to potentially smiplify things.

• Years ago me and a friend had done the ouija board asking if something bad was going to happen and we got the numbers 911, which usually means when you call for an emergency. But 2 years later September 11th happened with the terrorist attack, so either one of us was psychic or the board works.

• I'm not sure, maybe they are real, anyway, they look very cool in the movies.

• Of course not.

• doesn't matter, if its real then good, i'll chill out with a ghost and gonna watch a movie with a ghost.

• I don't think they're always real, but I do think that they can be. And that is precisely why I've never used an ouija board and never will use one.

• It's all bullshit

• I don't believe in paranormal experiences

• Maybe

• I think it is and that is why I stay away from it

• Nah,, i believe in god and jesus.
    I dont believe in none of that ouja board , souls on earth shit

• They could be demons, and the bible's very clear on demons, they do exist.

• The bible does not give the date of Christ's birth. It does however tell us that Christ exercised demons.

• @Miezko and in written form too people tend to add and change certain things.
      When i was in Sunday shool as a kid we did so. e exercises that showed us as kids that we shouldn't believe everything word by word because of this and look deeper into it and to decide for ourselves what we want to believe. Also i read that as a christuan our main point of belief is the resurrection. There were also many points on why it is of great importanve in christianity, and why chriatians have to believe it. I never doubted in jesus. But i do take everything written and said by men with a grain of salt.
      Thats all. So yeah... I donot believe that demons are running loose in the earth

• It's stupid, people just move that thing wherever.

• It's just imagination since you want something to happen if you do it.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• While some douchebags move the planchette so it seems real I do have a few experiences that proves to me it is real when taken seriously. One time in particular; it was my sister, me, my boyfriend at the time and 3 of his buddies. Because there wasn't a lot of room for 6 people to play only 3 of us did. Well a female name was spelt out. It was an ex of one of my bf's buddies. She had died and the guy always felt bad about it but didn't mention it to us before this session with the board. Then it said she was pregnant at the time and it was a boy she was carrying. None of us who were playing knew about this and the guy freaked out and cried. We stopped and we were all in shock. We didn't know much about this guy or his past and for all that to come from the board was spooky.

• yes it is real and unless you know exactly what you are doing and the safe guards that need to be in place stay away from it or you could be releasing things from dimensions that have no business being here and things can attach them selves to you and cause harm. I was stupid enough to try to use one and what was contacted would have killed all who were involved if my father had not come home early to catch us and send it back to the pit it came from and all who were involved had to be cleansed with a herbal incense to make sure it did not have a hook on one of us in to our world. not to mention the month I was grounded for and the lectures on not playing with things I have not learnt about

• A scheme to say that oujia boards work and makes you experience paranormal activities? Who in there right mind would be up for that?

*oujia boards, guaranteed to give you paranormal activity* (says Le tv commercial)

Me: "oh awesome! Let's buy one"

Yeah no 😒

• I don't know about the ouija board, but I really do want to try it some day. I believe in spirits and ghosts and other paranormal things. Our family is even convinced that we have one, because we'll see the faint shadow of a man walking around the kitchen and the upstairs hallways at night. I'd be way too afraid of him to use a ouiji board here though! (I think one of the rules is to not use it where someone has died)

• I don't think they're real, no - doesn't stop me being kinda hesitant about using one 😋

• I think it's just mental. If you tell someone "this WILL do this and that", some will make themselves believe it and their brain will go haywire.

• No theyre super fake😂

• Whether it's real or not I'm superstitious enough to not fuck around with a ouija board to find out.

• haha i watched that movie last night!! yeah i do think its real. Both my dad and I have played one and have had some crazy shit happen during and afterwards.

• Open their gateway of underworld.

• If you have even a crumb of apprehension about it, I think it can mess with you, at the very least in your head. So yeah sure, I think it's real. I haven't done it.

• I think they actually work, but I'm not going to use one.

• They're real, I am aware of that

• They're real. Don't mess with them, it'll be like opening the door and welcoming them into your house.

• They creep me out

• I don't believe in it, but I'm still not taking any chances.