For those who play or have played MMORPGs, what archetype do you enjoy playing: healer, damage dealer, or tank?

I have played a healer in almost every major MMORPG. I'm currently leveling a Conjurer to be a White Mage in Final Fantasy XIV. What about you?

Updates:
Also, what MMORPGs do you play?

0|0
5|9

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually play either as Damage Dealer or Tank.

My daughter likes to play as Healer, or Controller.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nice, what games?

• I used to play SWTOR, but no more due to work.

My daughter plays Dungeons and Dragons Online, Guild Wars 2, DC Universe Online, and Star Wars: The Old Republic... She also plays Hearthstone, Vainglory, Dota 2, and League of Legends... and she is only 5-years-old (will be 6 this July)

Most Helpful Guy

• Mabinogi as a SpellSword
    A beefier mage that functions as a great swordman. Whether by sword or magic hits like a truck and can tank hits a bit too. Not a great healer, shallow mana pool, and not very effective against archers and other long range fighters.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Usually I'm the healer

0|1
    0|0
  • I have only played Dragon Age, and Kingdoms of Amalur, which are not MMORPGs.
    I've played as Mage/Rogue.

0|1
    0|0
  • Damage Dealer usually

0|1
    0|0
  • The tank.. because you can troll a lot :D

0|1
    0|0
    • Till I nuke your ass with my strongest spell. Although its long channeling time makes it no good for 1v1 against a human controlled player. :(

• @atomique haha well , maybe you have a little tiny chance but nah ^^ I am just too good (:D )

What Guys Said 8

• I played wow back in the day lol. I was good too. Glad season 2. I always tanked while leveling as a warrior.. Was always burst dps in arena. I just recently started playing a little again.. think I'm going to play heals.

0|1
    0|0
    • I miss the old days there... it's just not the same. I can't stand the garrisons. FF XIV for me has a more old-school, slower pace.

• Show All
    • Nice lol yeah it doesn't seem as fun anymore. Cross-realm shit kind of makes things impersonal now.. now pride in your realm anymore. Haven't tried FF XIV. I never really played vanilla that long.. I was so young lol. Didn't really understand the game correctly. That was.. 12 years ago since the launch of vanilla? I can't recall.

• Those 60 man raids were fun lol

• SWTOR

Gunslinger DPS

1|1
    0|0
  • Damage dealer. I'm not playing anything now because on my main rig the GPU kinda broke, and my laptop has a new overheating problem. Not doing so good on computers right now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am always a bruiser (hybrid tank + warrior).

0|1
    0|0
  • I nearly always play a black mage (lvl 60 BM in FFXIV) but in more modern settings I play a sniper.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nice! What race are you? I was a Hyur on my Conjurer, but I'm torn between Lalafell and Miqo'te... They are apparently the two best healing races stat-wise, but both have their own stigmas. Lalafell because they are cute (annoying to many) and Miqo'te because they are so ridiculously popular... haha.

• Plain ol' Hyur I'm afraid.

• I went with Lalafell because the black mage armor reminds me of Vivi and the black mages in general from FFIX.

• healer

0|1
    0|0
  • Hunter , I want to pretend I'm legolas.

0|1
    0|0
  • all boring.

0|0
    0|0