Advice for drawing you found useful/helpful tips for getting better at art?

Advice I always get...
"Just have great patience!"
"Sketching!"
"Use reference guides!"
"Practice makes perfect!"
------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to have some brand new and unique advice/tips for getting better at drawing. For example, something you may have found helpful/useful for you to get better at drawing! Since lately I've been attempting to draw scenery and people, but have been failing miserably while doing so...

Like always, all opinions and answers are considered help for me, thanks a bunch! :)

- SNICKERSxTWIX♥

Most Helpful Guy

• do stopwatch sketching. draw as accurately as you can in 5 minutes. do it over and over again with always different models/scenes. most importantly: never use the eraser, just draw another line. don´t keep your mistakes from teaching you. also don´t use 2 dimensional picture footage. always draw from real life 3d.

Most Helpful Girl

• I whatch utube videos and look at other people's art and copy it only for practice I don't try sell it. Also stare at your reference photo/ object more than your drawing. Sometimes it's get to lose your inhibitions and let your imagination run wild on a page. Take your time with the art piece listen to constructive criticism it can only help.

What Guys Said 1

• take drafting classes... learn to use a t-square and make blueprints. this will give you discipline.

What Girls Said 3

• Learn and always remember the basics, but also experiment. Open yourself up to different techniques and innovate them to suit your own style.

• Guide lines
    Proportions
    Shading

Would've been helpful if you'd show us some examples

• Perspective. It's all about perspective in art.