Did I copy a song on accident?

Alright, here is a song I made in the last couple days from just messing around on a guitar and adding stuff from there. (It is nowhere near studio quality sound, but hopefully it gets the idea across).
https://soundcloud.com/randolf-the-gray/dedication/s-v0yYi

Now my sister said "That sounds like something Lifehouse would make." I just shrugged it off and said alright, but then a friend said "That sounds like "You and Me" by Lifehouse."

When I made it, I just made it from whatever was off the top of my head, but I want to know if I accidentally copied from Lifehouse 😱. That way I know whether or not I should continue on with it or cut it while it is still in the very rough stages. I personally don't hear it but I could be just bias lol

Sounding like the style of Lifehouse is alright, sounding like a specific song of Lifehouse is not.

Most Helpful Girl

• It kind of sounds Lifehouse-y, but not enough that you should worry about copyright infringement.

Also it's awesome so don't give up on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's their style but it's unique, I'd love to hear the finished version with lyrics when it's done.

• I'm pretty slow at writing lyrics since I'm meh at it, so who knows how long that'll be haha.

What Girls Said 2

• Hmmmm well... since there's no lyrics or singing I can't be completely sure, but I say go with it.

• Doesn't sound like life house song.

What Guys Said 2

• it is limited in this musical style. So it may happen...
    However music is trend, especially you like it.
    You are not scanned from youtube wave , I think it is alright.
    Good job

• Noooo your song is unique! :p