Do you playing an insturment?

I've been playing guitar for almost 1 year. Do you play any insturment? If you dont, which inturment would you play if you could?

0|0
6|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to play piano and then i gave up and I started playing guitar and I haven't had the time to continue.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've played guitar for about 6.5 years. I don't think I'm that great still, because I practice with about 1600 tabs. And I never bothered to learn actual music theory type things with guitar.

I DID play clarinet/bass clarinet from 5th-10th grade though, so I know some about music notation and such from that. But guitar has so many notes and I never memorized scales so... yeah.

I also haven't played as much because my strings broke over winter break (on my good guitar), and I wanna learn to fix them myself, but I tried once and the new ones just broke...

0|1
    0|0
    • Were you winding the strings too tightly? IIRC, the strings should circle the post 2-3 times when installing them on a steel-string, and probably fewer times on a nylon-string or electric due to the more fragile strings.

• Show All
    • @VomitV it's an electric

• The process should mostly be the same. I just checked my electrics and the strings are coiled three times each. Remember to leave a few inches of slack when you're first threading them through and you shouldn't have any problems.

What Girls Said 5

• I play organ and piano, and I also play flute. I want to learn hammer dulcimer--the music it plays is so haunting.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I would like to learn how to play the piano.

0|1
    0|0
  • I play the piano

0|1
    0|0
  • The guitar, but not like a pro. I want to get better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Piano

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Yea, I play guitar and bass guitar. I do not know how to read music, and I'm not a great player. I mostly write songs now, write the lyrics, try to sing, play guitar and bass for the song, and I just got a midi controller I'm trying to figure out. The midi controller will hopefully help with adding drums to my songs, as well as other instruments such as trumpets if I write a funk song, could be fun, but it's frustrating right now. It's hard to make a drum bea, and then to keep it in time, and to make it sound less computerized.

0|1
    0|0
  • *Do you play an instrument

1|2
    0|0
  • Guitar and voice. I'm admittedly mediocre at guitar, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • The bass, but not well.

0|1
    0|0