Do you think a stripper deserves respect outside her job for what she does?

In my eyes a stripper is a woman that doesn't respect even if she needs the money there's no excuse. It either says either she was mistreated in her childhood I don't believe it. Another thing is they complain about the way customers treat them calling them names what did they expect? I'm pretty sure most of them aren't forced into it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Can people stop shaming strippers it's the 21 century, and a stripper is not a whore, and even a whore's job is still a job. They're doing work that covers their bills. Many do it just for the money, and many others do it because they do enjoy the lifestyle that comes with it. Plenty of celebrities (and probably a few of your friends) have done stripping jobs for the money and they were just doing what they had to in order to make ends. Also it can be fun when you let it be fun. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it, but it is still a job, and that job will still be around for as long as the human race still has a libido naturally programmed into it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It has nothing to do about her, but everything to do about you.
    She may do "this" or "that" and the way you perceive it, she is "disrespecting" her own self, but should that change you as a person? Should that change the way you respect humans in general?

She hasn't done any harm to anyone. She only chose to work in a path that many would perceive as bad and shameful.

And how do you know they aren't forced? Perhaps not literally, but maybe from their situation, some of them saw it as the only way out.

• I'm pretty sure that slut doesn't feel a shame using and showing her body in front of different men

What Girls Said 14

• A big yes.

The English language is odd in that it easily converts the human to the label. People are people, regardless of how they make their money. Many languages exist that would say:

''The woman/man who chooses to strip'' and, "The person who dates strangers."

The danger is more in the label than in the human, in my opinion.

• Yes, she does. She is earning a living, and it's really none of your business how she does it. She's hurting no one with what she does.
    You, however, are putting down people you don't know, for no reason other than your personal prejudices. If anyone doesn't deserve respect, it's you.

• There's nothing respectful about having no class and self respect, handing yourself out on a plate like a object all in the name of money. The body is special and sacred. Showing it off to any man for some cash is sleazy end of story. So the answer is : NO.

• There's a difference between deserving respect and treating someone respectfully. Everyone is entitled to be treated with courtesy and respect, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have respect for them or their actions.

• I'm of the belief that humans, for the most part, deserve respect regardless of how they choose to live their life and it isn't really any of your business why they strip or how they earn their money, just like it isn't any of my business why you're a judgmental person who thinks people deserve to be treated with less respect and dignity because you disagree with their life choices.

Different strokes for different folks...

• Are they respectable people no? Should they receive disrespect? No. You shouldn't just going around mistreating people just because you don't like them. That's childish. However, that doesn't mean they deserve the highest levels of respect either. People like that would receive the most basic of human respect that all people are worthy of, but certainly nothing special from me.

• The only respect she should get is called a hoe

• Well yeah of course she's one no doubt. I'd just rather not be around one period, but if she's bleeding to death on the side of the road the least I could do is get her some help. Like I said, basic human respect that all people are worthy of.

• Why do you think it is your business? What are they doing to you?

• Its funny how males are pricks when they can't answer a direct question.

• Yeah they deserves respect. They are people that are making a living.

• Yes they deserve respect. Why? Because they are human! Every person has natural human rights. EVERYBODY deserves respect. Even criminals.

• No. I'm sure there's much more respectful ways to make a living.

• What about male strippers?

• Strippers are the most harmless sex workers, they deserve respect even when they're on duty.

• Nope

• Another woman shamer? Sheesh get over it. Some people strip or are porn stars. Its a way to make money.

What Guys Said 15

• BECAUSE CAPITALISM!!!

have you ever considered that the men who waste their money on these girls are fools and it is they who actually dont deserve respect. a job exists due to demand. as long as guys demand this job women will provide. thats capitalism for you.

• One no one deserves to be humiliated regardless. Why is it anyones business what somebody does or does not do with their body.

Then why is it bad to be a stripper but its ok for guys to get lapdances? Why are strippers bad, yet guys going to these stripclubs aren't?

Yes strippers deserve respect because its none of my business. Her life. Not to mention her job and personal life are two separate things.

• I wouldn't treat her with disrespect but I wouldn't respect her as a girlfriend.

• Well, she does make a living. It's not in any way something extraordinary or remarkable, so there's no respect.

• A living of being whores lol

• not my business

• Why is stripping even allowed? Because of "strippers" society looks down on women because of them showing their goodies easily but hey they think people outside will treat her with respect no

• you shouldn't be mean to them but she's a stripper. she doesn't not deserve respect or admiration.

• If I'm being bluntly honest, no.

• I'd respect them as a person but I don't respect the profession.

• Isn't respect a form of admiration? I don't admire, ultimately I don't respect a person because they're a stripper I'd have to find something in that person that would make me want to respect them and them stripping isn't enough.

• all people deserve respect.. even criminals.

• Sure because she is still a human being. I'd laugh if she expected to not be called a sloot though.

• She is one id laugh too I'm pretty sure when she strips men, call her that lol

• Yes. They're making a good salary. You seem like a guy that hates a lot. Haters always fail in life.

• Use the wife sister or mother thing.

Be nice and kind. Why spread a negative bro.

• I've known a couple of strippers personally yeah they are nice people and id resepct them no bother

• most strippers, have lives outside of their jobs. of course they deserve respect

• I get what you're saying. Strippers aren't the only people that degrade themselves for money. I know plenty of men that do make money unscrupulously. Most of them are in sales it seems.