What's the movie you always end up watching no matter how old it is?

We all have that one "feel good" movie that we always watch once in while and never get bored of..

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The Sound of Music
    Finding Nemo

• Would you laugh if I said The sound of music anime was one of my favorites growing up?

• Oh really? Didn't know this either! Thanks for telling. I will try to find the anime now.
      Thanks for MHO :)

• You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 27

• I have a few, granted they are not typically feel good movies, but they are great in their own right. 1. The Shawshank Redemption. 2. The Green Mile, 3. The Dead Poets Society, any of the Lord of the Rings Movies, 4. Any of the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

• Very good list.. you have a thing for sad movies don't you? (except for the pirates of the Caribbean)

• It would seem so, wouldn't it. In all fairness I really like movies I can get into, and all of those are very deep and involving films. I feel as if I am a part of the film, and that when I get done watching them I feel as if I have left some old friends. :-)

• Yeah I get it, those are good movies

• The Right Stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cq7hf4ylvY
    Yeager's attempt to break a altitude record in an F-104. Very little dialogue in this scene, just a lot of facial expressions and terrifying sound effects. Awesome

The Cowboys
    www.youtube.com/watch
    Awesome score by John Williams. One of John Wayne's last movies. He plays Will Anderson, a rancher leading a bunch of boys on a cattle drive. In the course of the drive, he teaches them about hard work, determination, and doing the right thing. Roscoe Brown plays the best cowboy in the history of movies, whose recitation of an apple pie recipe is poetry.

A Man for All Seasons (the Paul Scofield one)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-e7mtDcAs
    I remember watching this scene while I was studying to become a teacher. Thomas has told Rich he should become a teacher. Rich, who aspires to be a part of Henry VIII's court says, "But who will know?" and Thomas replies, "You. Your pulils. Your friends. God. Not a bad public, that." I thought to myself, that's more than good enough for me.

• Count of Monte Cristo this movie is so good and I love watching it, all time favorite of mine.

Trailer
    https://youtu.be/2LPmyGsxR98

The count entering his party
    https://youtu.be/Nzz_sAzS38Q

Counts, birthday toast
    https://youtu.be/9dXxTAu2RCM

• The guy from Person of Interest is in this. Wow.

• I thought you would be more of a chuck Norris kind of guy

• @Iron_Man I am lol I love Chuck for just action related stuff but Monet Cristo has a story to it and way more depth then Chuck movies.

• For me its a TV show. How I Met Your Mother. there's something about the story, the cast, and the setting that gives me the warm feeling of being home. Its difficult to describe.

• HIMYM? not friends?

• i'll always watch the godfather. that's abotu the oldest movie i'll almost always watch if it's on tv

• Rocky 1234567

• Gladiator, it's my favorite.

Claudius: “Maximus... maximus.. they call for you. The general who became a slave, the slave who became a gladiator, the gladiator who defied an emperor... striking story, now the people want to know how the story ends... only a famous death will do. What would be more glorious than to challenge the emporer himself in the great areana."

Maximus: “you'd fight me?"

Claudius: “why not, do you think i'm afraid?"

Maximus: “I think you've been afraid all your life"

Claudius: “unlike maximus the invincible, who knows no fear?"

Maximus: “I knew a man who once said death smiles at us all, and all a man can do is smile back"

Claudius: “and did your friend smile at his own death?"

Maximus: “you must know, he was your father"

Claudius: “you loved my father as i did, so that makes us brothers... smile for me now brother."

• Matrix and Home alone 1 & 2.

• Back to the future

• The big Lebowski

• Cool runnings!

• Oh I remember that one... Is that where the guys land in Canada all the way from Jamaica and almost freeze from the cold LOL , the guy takes all of his clothes from his suitecase and wears them in the airport :D

• Omg I know what you mean :) The Thing, Butterfly effect, Texas chainsaw 1-3 and the remake not the latest one where in 2010. Others I just can't remember righ tnow.

• Texas chainsaw is your feel good movie? :o LOL

• Oh , some movies I always seem to watch over and over again are: The patriot, You've got mail and Howl's moving castle.

• Oh yeah and harold and kumar go to white castle lol

• The princess bride and hmmm... Tough to choose, probably the original tmnt movies from the 90s and courageous

• Oh and heavyweights and night at the roxbury, mostly movies i grew up watching and older ones and fantasy adventure ones, a good adventure movie or game helps me unwind and day dream lol, romantic adventurer at heart

• Nostalgia :) I get it

• And monty python and the holy grail, its so ridiculous its funny nii

• Scott pilgrim vs the world

• I love Ghost and the Darkness.

• I never tire of the goonies, the sandlot, the crow, the boondock saints, seven, die hard with a vengeance, Aladdin, big, and Jurassic park :)

• Fight Club or The Big Lebowski.

• Fight club is great :D never watched the big Lebowski, you're the second one to tell me about it.. maybe I'll watch it.

• The Big Lebowski is definitely a more chill movie.

• Miracle on 34th street.

• Top gun

• Remember the Titans!!!

• The Jungle Book

• POTC MUSIC

• The Dark Knight.

• Forest Gump

• Dirty Harry

• too many

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• Brother Bear
    Roadtrip
    Bridesmaids
    Grown Ups 1 and 2
    She's out of my league
    Captain America 1, 2 and 3
    Dirty Deeds

Basically some highschool clichés or romantic clichés. But it's Brother Bear or Roadtrip that will NEVER get old! Still sing the songs from brother bear up to today :P

• Road trip.. hahaha I still remember that disgusting french toast scene :D Eww!

• OMG! That was the best scene though!!! Hahaha after watching that, it makes me very cautious on who handles my French toast.. lol!

• I swear to GOD , I don't like pissing off waiters because of that scene, hahaha

• "King of Kings" Every Religious Holiday.
    Good luck and Great question, @noisette91 xx

• I watch Boondock Saints at least once or twice a year.

• 12 Angry Men, The Outlaw Josie Wales, A Christmas Story

• Harry Potter movies!!

• Sixteen Candles

• Forrest Gump
    Stand By Me
    The Breakfast Club
    Dirty Dancing
    Fried Green Tomatoes
    Steel Magnolias
    National Lampoon's Vacation

Sorry I have a lot 😂

• Some of those are really great, The Breakfast Club and Dirty Dancing are classics, and I love Forrest Gump <3

• Mansfield Park

• Lion King (all of them)
    Mulan
    Tarzan
    Fast and the Furious
    Just to name a few

• Ben Hur... the old one.

• Beauty and the beast

• The Goonies, Ghostbusters, Stand by me, Indiana Jones and many others :)

• The wizard of oz <3

• Predator 😊

• Fight club and Karate Kid and Home alone also Forest Gump

• Mr and Mrs Smith

• The Lion King
    Mulan
    Toy Story
    Toy Story 2
    Monsters Inc
    Tarzan

• Mary poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Lion King.

• Kill Bill
    GhostBusters
    High School Musical (I'm not afraid to admit it lol)

• The Birdcage
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Almost Famous
    The Big Chill