What was the song (or songs) of your formative years? What was your teenage anthem?

The song, or songs if plural, need not be from the same time period as your teen years, although for many of us, they were / are.

I will start off--the song of my formative years was this one. I actually *had* a conversation with my parents not unlike the protagonist of the song.

It is also hard to believe the song is over 30 years old now, but it was my teen anthem!

Most Helpful Girl

• "No mom I'm not on drugs I'm okay, I was just thinking you know, why don't you get me a Pepsi. ..."

I like Suicidal Tendencies :)

For me, I think it has to be Therapy? The Troublegum album, but specifically Screamager

https://g.co/kgs/uihjT6

• For some reason, I can only hear that line spoken in the voice of Morty from Rick and Morty... maybe he should contact ST, see about a cover version... ha!

• They say tomato...

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Girls Said 2

• Semi-charmed life by Third Eye Blind
    Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters
    Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

• Coffeeshop soundtrack -all time low
    Dirty little secret- all American rejects
    Stacey's mom -bowling for soup
    Beverly hills- weezer
    Welcome to paradise -green day
    You got yr cherry bomb- spoon
    Loss angelos -sugarcult

What Guys Said 6