What is your favorite (or the scariest) horror movie?

I feel like torturing my brain tonight with some scary movies. I'm watching Silent Hill right now, but something about that movie always makes me turn it off, so what are some other suggestions?

I'm going to watch as many of these as I can, and MHO will be given to the person that suggests the best movie. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The Exorcist or the Conjuring works for me

Most Helpful Girl

• Halloween
    Purge
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Annabelle
    Conjuring 1&2

What Guys Said 8

• Not sure if this falls into the horror genre but to me it's a horror because it's an actual true story, about two male lions who ran rampant in Africa together and killed over a 130 people and ate about half of them, but they didn't kill for food they killed for pleasure because they enjoyed it. And they were unnaturally smart/intuitive, way smarter then normal lions no matter what protection they set up they got through them, no matter what traps they set the lions saw through them. The Africans saw them as so horrifying, so bloodthirsty and so frighting that they didn't even see them as lions but demons. They were called the ghosts in the darkness.

And most of the events from the movie happened in real life from the boxcar to the hospital just as it's shown, if you watch the movie you'll see.

https://youtu.be/1M38HWM4CTY

• Evil Dead the original one :D <3 Fav - yes; scare - what's that you said?

• First nightmare on elm street before it got stupid and more recently sinister.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZWmXRaT3k

that shit had me like Q_Q i even had dreams of being there instead of will smith xD

• 0|0
  • John carpenters the thing
    The babadook
    Halloween (original)
    Horror is different for everyone. What type scares you?

• The type that are (mostly) realistic. It's like an every-day life except something goes wrong. The movies that are completely bizarre and unrealistic don't scare me.

• Creature from the black Lagoon
    Not very scary considering its from 1954 but i love it
    Also jaws if that counts as horror

• Not a movie but American horror story season 2 asylum romantic creepy murder mystery it's perfect

What Girls Said 5

• I love
    -Insidious 1, 2, and 3! :D
    -The Exorcism of Emily Rose
    -Conjuring 1, and 2.
    Though none of those written above scared the hell out of me, but they're all pretty good movies. Love the plot and the story.

The one movie I can't really stand is "The Human Centipede" though it's more of a psycho movie. *throws up* lol

• Ah all these as well <3 <3 <3

Ah 'Human Centipede' I need to watch - thank you :)

• I already seen Orphan. Darn that perverted little old lady xD

• Her situation actually evokes sympathy :) the way she reacts is but I'd say normal :)

• House of a thousand corpses

• Why... Just why...

• I believe the true question hear is, why not? There is a second movie called 'The devils rejects', but i'll admit Rob Zombie's films aren't to everyones taste

• I don't really have a problem with that movie, but it's the psychotic aspect of it that bothers me. My brain doesn't need that kind of corruption. I'll watch the sequel, though, because "why not"? :)

• My favorite is Halloween.

• The Banshee Chapter?

• I was going to say Silent Hill so...