Which video game generation do you think is the best of all time?

• Current Generation (2011-Present) - PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DSWhich video game generation do you think is the best of all time?
  • 7th Generation (2004-2013) - PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Nintendo DSWhich video game generation do you think is the best of all time?
  • 6th Generation (1999-2006) - PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Gameboy AdvanceWhich video game generation do you think is the best of all time?
  • 5th Generation (1994-2001) - PS1, N64, Saturn, Game boy ColorWhich video game generation do you think is the best of all time?
  • 4th Generation (1989-1996) - SNES, Genesis, Game Boy Which video game generation do you think is the best of all time?
  • 3rd Generation (1983-1995) - NES, Sega Master System, Atari 7800Which video game generation do you think is the best of all time?
  • Others

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I chose the 6th generation because that's childhood memories.
    But I believe that when it comes to gaming, the newer, the better.

Graphics has never been this good.
    Plots/stories had never been this good.
    And like right about now, we're in a generation with virtual reality glasses and motion sensors.
    If one had come to me and asked me back when I was a kid, if I wanted the new tekken, or glasses that would make it feel as if I were inside the game, then I think all of you know what I'd choose, and what you'd choose.

What Girls Said 4

• 3rd and 4th, but most people on this website weren't even born when those were popular. Games were cheaper and all you had to do to fix it was blow really freaking hard on the cartridge.

• 5th and 6th generation have always been my favorite

• 6th generation because PS2

• PS1 games will always have a special place in my heart.

What Guys Said 15

• OMG, inner geek unlock! I'm going to be quite biased given my age and the fact that I did some game development targeted for 4th generation consoles, but I really thought things peaked at the 4th gen era, particularly the war between Super Nintendo/Famicom and Genesis/Megadrive.

It was just such an exciting and warring time to live in, and there was this astonishing quality I remember as a kid when I first played games like Super Mario World on the SNES that just blew me away when I was so used to Nintendo/Famicom.

To me it's the peak of the 2D sprite era. Newer generations started tackling 3D rasterization and games varied wildly in terms of fun to me at that point since a lot of 3D games had an awkwardness where we're no longer just controlling the player but also often fiddling with the camera. 4th gen to me was the peak of platformers in particular.

• 0|2
  • I was 4th and 5th generation so I'll go with that one, good memories I still play a lot of the games from that time like original spryo.

• Nothing beats the D (hurr), though C comes close.

• the current one honestly. The amount of things you can do in games these days is quite incredible honestly. it blows the past gen's out of the water in my book

• D.. because that was my childhood.

• 6th Generation

• As much as inlove n64 the only games that stand out are zelda OoT, golden eye, and starfox
    in my opinion 7th gen takes it. Halo3 & reach, god of war 3, gta 4, gta 5, last of us, uncharted 1-3, skyrim
    All amazing games

• Shit i forgot gears man that was grohnd breaking when it came out
      And of course cod broke all the records back in those days so you can't deny that franchise either

• feel offended, that pc isnĀ“t in there :P

• PC master race

• The fifth and third generation are the most famous even among non-gamers, old people and women.

• 6th gen... Games had a lot more oomph back then, even with poorer visuals

• 5th and 4th generation. Those were the days.

• Game cube was the shit as a kid

• I'd say the 6th generation (PS2), but maybe that's just cause that's when I was at the age that I liked video games