Can someone please explain to me why everyone loves Frozen so much?

I think it's one of the most overrated movies ever. Not only does never explain *why* Elsa has Ice magic, but it was nothing like what I was promised in the trailer.

Instead of delivering the hilarious movie starring a snowman, they gave me one huge romantic subplot. The entire plot is a cinematic cliche. While I will grant it that it taught little girls not to fall so much for a guy they just met like is so common in fairy tales, it has her ending up with a man who, need I point out, she met some time *after* the other guy. She met prince Evil first, and *then* Kristoff. If she should've left the one guy because she hasn't known him that long, then she shouldn't be with Kristoff either!

This movie is cinima's Destiny (that is, iti s the cinematic equivalent of the vidoegame Destiny, which was the biggest letdown in recent gaming history.)

Oh, and then there's the fact that in the finished product Olaf was a completely unnecessary character. If he was annoying he'd be Jar-jar Binx.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's based off a scandinavian folk tale or something. I'm sure the ice powers are explained in that.

Most Helpful Guy

• To summarize it's an awesome movie. Princess Anna is unlike any Disney princess before her. She's not graceful, delicate, one with nature, etc, she's clumsy, goofy, and, probably most surprising, self reliant.
    Kristoff is far from your typical hero, not only is he not a prince, he doesn't even save the day. Instead he's instead he's basically just a random guy, who's Anna's partner not her savior.
    Queen Elsa is complicated character, afraid of who she is and what she can do she isolates instead of reaching out. Even after her wonderful song her life is still sadly run by fear to the point that she even hurts loved ones, one can relate even without having magical ice powers.
    The songs are enjoyable and the humor timely and funny.
    Overall it's a fantastic movie.

On a side note, it's a Disney movie. It's based on fairy tales why would they have to explain why Elsa had powers? Did sleeping beauty or Cinderella need to explain why their were fairies? Or how a mermaid could exist in the little mermaid? Kind of an odd complaint. Why does Elsa have powers because she was born with them. How is that possible because it's a world where magic exists.

• Also, it's a Disney Princess movie and you didn't think it was going to be a romance? That's like watching a basketball game not realizing it's a sport or watching a star wars movie and than complaining that it's a just a sci-fi actin flick.

• *sigh* I guess you're right.

What Girls Said 15

• i totally agree. it was good but i didn't LOVE it.

• i still haven't seen it.

• Here's why:
    -Elsa was a queen.
    -The song.
    -Elsa was the first one to realize that you cannot marry a person within a day/few days of meeting them.
    -Olaf exists.
    To be honest, I don't understand the obsession either. I guess it is because it was different.

• Well, by the time she realized she loved Kristoff she knew him fairly well. In the movie, when Anna and Kristoff first meet Disney actually pokes fun at it. After, she tells Kristoff what happened Kristoff asks if she's nuts for wanting to marry a guy she just met, she realizes she doesn't know kristoff and moves father away from him. It's when they're on his sleigh just before the wolves attack.

• It's because of the song. XD

• Thanks you I'm not crazy about it either...

• If the movie didn't have Elsa singing 'Let It Go', it wouldn't be as big as it is, not by a long shot.

I don't see the big deal about it, either. Personally, I liked Anna and Kristoff but no one else stuck out.

• A catchy musical score... the main reason I hate this movie with a passion.

• I never seen it. And after hearing people sing it at school and talk about it I rather not watch the stupid movie. I think it will make me lose 2,000 or more brain cells every minute of watching.

• I don't know why people are so obsessed with Frozen. I've heard how say it's even better than the The Lion King. I've never even seen Frozen, I tried to watch it but lost interest out of boredom.

• I agree. I still don't get why people are saying she went for her sister instead of a man, and how that's the first disney movie to do that. There's a lot of movies without a man saving the day.

• I don't get it either but it was hyped up in the media. Media brainwashing is one hell of a drug.

• I hate this damn movie.

• I didn't like it.

• I don't know what you're talking about but Frozen was a great movie.

• Because all the cool people like it, which makes it a generally likable movie, and if you don't like it, something's wrong with you. Your not alone, the movie actually isn't really amazing, Meet the Robinson and Wreck it Wralph are a lot better.

What Guys Said 22

• Just let it go...

• I think it's because the OLD Disney movies were all about the girl sitting on her ass then one day this random dude pounces up from nowhere and they make out and happy end, thus showing a completely irrealistic representation of male/female relationships, apart from Beauty and the Beast which can be seen as Stockholm syndrome and abduction.

So Frozen is like "yeah that was kinda stupid wasn't it" and people cheer

I think Inside Out was more interesting, being about empathy, what being "human" means and depression and all

• Olaf was horrible
    I'm all for major supporting characters.
    Donky
    Puss in Boots
    Mater (Cars 1, not 2)
    Dory
    Piglet
    Pascal
    Pegasus
    Sebastian
    Timon and Pumba
    Mushu
    Genie

Olaf was fucking useless though

Also, Elsa was a total bitch the entire movie

That fucking song.

It puts the nail in the coffin when you add in the injected feminism and now the LGBT bugging Disney to pander to them along with Captain America

I still like the movie. I don't think it's a bad movie

I wouldn't dare compare it to Destiny though, because unlike Destiny, the audience give it high praise even after the reviews come out and it's been out a while, and not from just kids either. A 70 in a movie is MUCH different than a 70 in a game

• It's a children's movie which means it's supposed to suck. Adults say it's good because they're pompous and want to look cultured.

• No clue haven't watched it.

• "Strong female protagonist" = good film apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• It was very sloppily written

• Let it go, let it gooooo

• Never watched it

• Cause being frozen beats being burned.

• because it is Disney princess movie

• Nerds

• Beats me, I've never seen it before.

• Love this movie

• My 11 y/o sister hates it

I haven't watched it and I probably never will.

• never seen it, never going to either.

• Frozen sucks ass... I hated it. I liked zootopia, though

• I think it's decent but yeah definitely overrated

• It justifies being a bitch, which women love.

• Because small girls are obsessed with Disney princess stuff. In this case the plot didn't make their progressive mothers puke.

You're not exactly the target demographic.

• Because it's hot as hell outside.

• I don't know haven't seen it and never will.