Was Muhammad "MoFo" Ali a good role model?

Most Helpful Girl

• he will always be one of my greatest.

• wait wait wait... what? are you telling me you know the first thing about boxing :o

• i just might? I don't know why that's shocking lol

Most Helpful Guy

• The Greatest*

Yes he was. He may have had his ups and downs in life but he conquered them and showed us just what we as people can achieve.
    We all make mistakes and so we can't judge him for his.

But in a country where black's were seen as inferior to whites, for him to rise above that and become the greatest in the world just shows how amazing he was!

What Girls Said 2

• His nickname was mofo? Seems fishy...

He was, he stood for what he believed in by refusing to fight a war he didn't think was right.

My brother shares his name and was inspired by this successful Muslim American legend and I am too.

• But he was a really cocky boxer and was known for trashtalking his opponents.

• does it look like he was in my time? but yeah, i can understand that. a lot of girls love ballsy guys. are you saying that you admiring him has nothing to do with his boxing career?

• I admire great athletes but I don't watch enough boxing to tell the difference between good and legendary. Yeah, I loveee guts. Maybe it's because I'm not very gutsy haha

• Of course he was, may he rest in peace.

What Guys Said 5

• Lolzzzzz! Mofo?

• I mean he wasn't exactly humble, but if you want to talk about inside the ring, he was the greatest who has ever laced em up. Amazing footwork, foot speed, hand speed, coordination, strong jab. He was an amazing boxer.

• He was legendary as far as boxers go, yes, but I''m all about Mike Tyson

• He would've embarrassed mike Tyson.

• Eh 50/50
    He was a black activist and stood up for his religion so you can look up to that
    I really ficking hate that he dodge the draft tho... i guess he didn't like his country too much

• Why fight for a country where the enemy treats blacks better than the government you're fighting for?

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau i never said that he loved the government
      And no they put him in jail because he broke the law... nothing else dont make it more than it was
      I do t even know if he really went to jail for that long i think they just stripped his titles and took away his license to fight idr

• Yeah, he didn't love the government, so he didn't follow their rule. I'm not making it more than it was. I'm telling you that he dodged the draft partially do to religion (which is kinda bullshit in a sense, but that's another debate) and because to show the hypocrisy in the government on the pinnacle of civil rights. He went to jail for 3 after being sentenced to 5 and the supreme court lowered it

• Yes, a very good role model.

• I don't think so. I've never been able to see boxers as good role models.
    Other sports people maybe, even perhaps pro wrestlers cause it's not real.