Do you think Sony and Microsoft are afraid of the Nintendo NX?

As in what it can bring and how it might be since they are already coming out with an upgraded versions of the xbox 1 and ps4.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I think Microsoft is. Why else would they slop together the 'Project Scorpio' halfway through the Xbox One's generation?

Just so they could put out a new system near the same time as the NX's release.

Most Helpful Girl

• No one is scared of Nintendo. In order for Nintendo to stay alive, they're going to have to appeal to people that are teenagers and younger because no one my age or older cares about. N64 was the last good console they had. Gamecube wasn't that bad, but it wasn't marketed properly, and the games for it were really awesome or sucked eggs.

What Guys Said 19

• It's possible they are afraid, I hope that Nintendo NX will be a great success, basically, it's probably the last chance for Nintendo to restore the old glory.

• I'm not too worried since Nintendo has failed with past projects before. Plus the reason why the wiiU failed like it did was due to the tablet controller came out when regular tablets started being extremely popular. Since with the Wii nobody had ever seen something like that before so nothing to compare it too really.

Then they kind of rushed releasing it and ended up not having any huge game brands coming out with it at the same time.

All in all, they lacked excitement when it came out. Which I think it's why they're being so secretive with the NX, to bring a high level of excitement for it. Then knowing that the new legend of zelda is coming out with the NX that just tripled the excitement level for a lot.

• I agree, the new Zelda adds up a sense of mystery... I hope it will work out well.

• What have they got to be afraid of? For most serious gamers, the Wii was a second console that was mostly dragged out for parties (a few awesome games aside) and the WiiU completely failed to capture the imagination.

I have a 3DS, damned if there's many games on it that interest me, and DAMN are they expensive!

• Majority of the 3ds games go on sale most of the time, plus Xbox and PS games are expensive as well.

• @MustacheKitteh: Let me rephrase: They are extremely expensive for what they are. I got a eShop card for Christmas and went to look around the store... everything is stupendously expensive compared to mobile gaming and also compared to similar games on PC or the PSN/XBLA. I find it extremely hard to want to drop CDN$44.99 on all but the very best 3DS games, and something else I've found is they often don't drop in price! I still see Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y going for MORE than I paid for either on release day three years ago!

It doesn't help that the eShop on the 3DS is extremely slow and painful to navigate. If there are sales or offers, it takes so long to find them (and they way the mix games in with videos when you search is aggravating) that it's not worth the fuss. I am going to get Pokemon Moon and that'll be about it.

• I got Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y for free. XD

• You must be joking. No has been afraid of Nintendo since the game cube. They literally aren't even considered a part of the console wars anymore.

• Nintendo abandoned the competing market ever since the original Wii so they don't have any reason to be afraid.
    As far as the NX goes I'm sure it won't even be on par with the PS4.5 and the only ones being "afraid" are Nintendo investors debating whether they should actually release a new console that isn't even going to be on par with the current competition.

• nope.
    Nintendo is running pretty much out of competition... they have their own target audience and many of those having a Xbox or PS buy a Nintendo console as second device and not to replace their XB or PS.

Xbox Scorpio and PS Neo come for other reasons:
    - PS4 and XBO were already underpowered when they launched compared to the last generations. Going again 8 years or longer would be difficult
    - 8 year launch cycle was an exception... looking back the new consoles always came much faster.
    - VR is coming and you need more power for that unless you wanna have shitty graphics.
    - 4K support is great for marketing and people are willing to buy more powerful hardware after a couple of years. If Sony and MS can make additional money like this, then they will do so.
    - the new graphics card generation made a huge step. thanks to this they can easily increase the power without increasing the costs.
    - etc.

Sony and MS are battling each other for the most. They will keep an eye on what Nintendo does, but they are definitely not afraid of them and the new Consoles have nothing to do with the NX. I also doubt they know much more than what we do and Nintendo already said that they won't participate in the race for the most power, means the NX will almost certainly be less powerful than the Neo and Scorpio

• No absolutely not!

• Because of the price. Starting with a lower price means they sell more and they also don't have to subsidise them. It took Sony years until they made money with the console itself.

Oh and I definitely hope VR will stay a gimmick... don't like it

@Supermosh1990 what do you mean?

• Nintendo can't afford another failure, if NX doesn't work out then BOOM.

static1.gamespot.com/.../...5-8016844248-denze.gif

• lmao, seriously? naah, sony and Microsoft are way ahead of Nintendo, i dont believe that Nintendo will ever be greater than sony or microsoft

• Yes definitely, even with both Sony and Microsoft not admitting it. Because Nintendo NX is more powerful than Xbox one and ps4. So they don't want Nintendo to steal all the edge.

• Meh, i've been loosing hope for Nintendo...
    If at least i could be the president for some years... but, o well...

• Nope, their more than likely afraid of PC gaming.

• Definitely not, Nintendo isn't very good at making consoles anymore

• It could be. Nintendo has been pretty bad business wise recently, so this could be their chance to get back in the game.

• Maybe, business is competitive. Especially in this economy.

• Nintendo wasn't always a powerhouse. Playstation was big too

• sony and microsoft are conglomerates.

neither are scared of nintendo.

• Who knows

• Both Sony and Microsoft are large enough to withstand any initial blow nintendo can do. Sony and Microsoft have loads of cash and huge research departments. A few months and whatever advantage nintendo has will be integrated into Sony's and Microsoft's consoles.

• yeah, i think theyre scared

• I doubt it.

• I just hope that Zelda game is amazing. I'll buy an nx just for that

• I think the new zelda game is finally being what the series was always meant to be played as. At lest from what they have showed so far.

What Girls Said 4

• Hopefully, Nintendo will win this time...

• I wasn't aware of a new Nintendo! thanks for posting this.

• It'll force them to step up their game

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more