(video game) Has anyone tried the Elder Scrolls Series?

In the series, most people tend to play Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc. Also do you use mods at all or just go vanilla?(video game) Has anyone tried the Elder Scrolls Series?

• I have and only vanilla version
  • I have with mods
  • Never played
  • Never heard of the series

Most Helpful Guy

• I never played Morrowind, but I did play Skyrim, way back when it first came out on the Xbox 360. Later, I got Oblivion, because I was curious about the older Elder Scrolls games.

I must admit, I was impressed with both of them, and they were very fun to play, but I didn't get very far into eiter of them because I didn't have the patience to play through so many missions.

It was also one of those games that was just so amazing, that it overwhelmed me to the point of not wanting to play it anymore. It just felt so unlimited, that I thought I would never be able to explore it all. So I'm usually intimidated by such large, unlimited games. Ik, I'm weird lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only Morrowind. I have skyrim but never got around to installing or playing it. Maybe I should since I've heard it's really good.
    And no, I don't use mods.

What Guys Said 22

• 1|0
  • Yes, I played Mirrorwind, Oblivion and Skyrim. And they all have the same issues. Technicially they are pretty good, they have gigantic worlds - but they lack any sense of soul and what grabs you deeper into the world and lets you emotionally invest and react to the game.

• I bought Skyrim. I still regret that decision. What an awful game, oh my god. I though PS1 technology wasn't used anymore :/

• Skyrim is a lot better with mods, without that then the game is pretty boring.

• On the question I was asking for if anyone know of any other mods to play on it. All the ones I use fixes all the annoying things that the vanilla has.
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2033607-what-are-some-good-mods-for-skyrim

• Then with mods it could have been a pretty great game, but the computer I had at the time kinda sucked, so it couldn't run Skyrim.

• Can't say I'm particularly drawn to the medieval-esque fantasy setting but I have heard of many good things about it.

• i have oblivion and skyrim and skyrim came with a few add on as extras so i can build a home do a dragon born quest and get married. its pretty fun, it jsut sucks they won't make another one for the ps3 because i want to try the next new one.

• Nope, Todd Howard has bought every single copy himself. He's really enthusiastic about the series and knows one day his stock piles of game copies will be like gold bullion and he will rule the world as people plead for mercy. :D I have oblivion... I'm not really a fan. Overall I think the stories are weak and the game mechanics at least in oblivion were shotty...

• Which mods fix majority of that.

• Maybe... I just wasn't feeling the story line. The series seems like a OK medieval sandbox without much substance... I don't know, it just doesn't do it for me. In the passed when it came to medieval games, I've gotten into hack n slash dungeon crawlers like Diablo or the Gauntlet series where I was the proud hero that travels to hell and back again, complex character development systems based on D&D like Never Winter Nights, or strategic world domination games like crusader kings or civilization. Most of the RPGs in that genre send to fall flat...

• Yeah the only way the series is good is with mods. :D

• Skyrim and I played it on console so I didn't have mods.

• When I play the game I don't cheat I don't know what vanilla version is. I've played morrowind and oblivion I loved both I heard skyrim was a big disappointment. I might do a walkthough for those games some time in the future.

• have you *seen* what skyrim mods are like? I can't have that in the house, I live with my parents! and a middle-schooler brother! plus I have the console version.

• Yeah, Morrowind is at the very least one of the greatest fantasy rpgs ever made, its also one of the very best video games ever made

• I have both Skyrim and Oblivion without mods and play them often. Both the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series are my favorite RPG and open world games.

• I have tried Skyrim, but only briefly. There wasn't much time

• Never heard of it

• i heard of it but never played, i tried playing skyrim 5 but it was very complicated game

• Who hasn't?

• Never heard of this but it sounds cool to try

• Played the standard version of oblivion

• im PC so mods all the way i can't ever play it normal again :D

• No I don't play that I play more DBZ Dokkan Battle and Pokemon

• I've played Morrowind on my PC years ago but oblivion and skyrim just didn't do it for me

• I need to play Arena and Daggerfall. The newer ones have grown stale for me.

• have all three but have only really played oblivion & skyrim
    both modless and with mods.

What Girls Said 2