Yeah, I need one, m I know its far from ideal BUT, I'm going to have to move out for my last two years of college in a year and a half and I'll want to play my games.
So its really the only option
Any recs

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh, if you go for something mainstream like Alienware / Razor you're mostly just paying for the brand.

You could probably pick up a pretty decent HP or Acer or something. Just check the specs and pick bro

• I'm looking at acers right now,
      I'll have the cash in a couple of weeks

• I personally can't stand HP. In my IT department at my high school we nicknamed HP "Head Pain".

• Just make sure whatever you get matches the specs for the kind of games you're wanting to play :P. No good getting a laptop with a 760 if you need a 960+ to play a game, Haha.

And @Thisperson98 . I don't know bro, I suppose like any brand some are good and some are bad, I never really had any issues with the Hp Envy series. So, Thats why i said what i did, but, i appreciate some of their other lines could be utter dog shit, haha, I really dont know.

What Girls Said 4

• You could go the Alienware or Razer route, but they can be pricey. I like Origin PCs, but I prefer the desktop (Genesis). I heard the EON15-X is ok.

Asus is also decent I believe. Maybe look at ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 Gaming Laptop.

• I have an HP Envy Touch with Core i5. It has 1 terabyte of memory and it's a fold over laptop that turns into a tablet. I love it. It has Bang & Olufsen on the upper left hand corner of the keyboard. I don't what it means though. Still. Love it.

• I got it at Best Buy and the asking price was like $680 on sale. I got the 3 year warranty for Geek Squad on it, too, and anti virus software, and Microsoft Office 2016, so the total after tax for me was about $1000.

• The laptop I have is pretty good at the games I play. It's a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B.

• @asker stay way from toshiba

• Yep, the processor is Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

• Lol that sounds like a really cool pc, i have intel hd graphics 3000 with 2.4ghz and it sucks at running almost any game.

• I hear Asus makes the best one. And it's huge.

• That they do, I have a Asus motherboard that's close to 20 years old that still works like new.

What Guys Said 16

• well i have a gt80 titan sli geforce 980 dual graphics laptop with an ssd drive and 16 gb memory with built in blu ray writer and it plays all my high end games at full specs no problem
    rise of the tomb raider is a high graphics game and it runs flawlessly in it at full power but the problem with laptops they have to be plugged in for the graphics card to run properly, not on battery otherwise its choppy even at low graphic specs and it sucks especially when im at a restaurant and i want to play my games while eating. unless there's a plug which most restaurants dont always have available

• Look for MSI gaming laptops or Clevo resold laptops under the Sager brand. There's always Alienware and ASUS or Gigabyte ro Razerblade.

I'm on a Sager laptop myself.

• stay away from toshiba, hp, dell, acer, msi... (there's more).

stick w/ lenovo, asus, sony, alienware.

• It's a good idea. Games aren't good for most computers. Downloading slows it down I think. It's good to have a computer reserved for games 😛

• I would NOT game on a laptop

If you insist then I'd go Asus cause its bang for your buck and it's actually decently assembled.

• They are stupid expensive, but Alienware is the most overpriced.

• Definitely go with Asus if you want quality and performance at a decent price.
    Recommend this laptop if you need an optical drive
    www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx
    Recommend this laptop if you don't need a optical drive.
    www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

• I have a HP DV6 laptop.. it's arounf 5 years old but still great for playing games... pretty good graphic card

• whatยดs your budget and what games do you expect to play at what settings?

• Laptops are aweful for gaming. You are better of buying a desktop-system and have a laptop for watching movies, university, etc.

• Cheap basic laptops, yes, those are awful. However, the more expensive laptops that are designed for high-end gaming in mind and they usually cost between 2000 to 3000 bucks or more such as any Desktop Replacement form factor laptops can match most gaming desktop standards other than overclocking and water/liquid cooling support which is something Desktop will always have as an advantage over laptops.

• @JudgmentDay

Yes, you can buy fully capable gaming laptops. Two key issues with it though. They are way too expensive in comparision to a desktop-system. And secondly it is a bother to fix them if something breaks down.

Not to mention the usual laptop issues like short battery, etc.

• @FakeName123

True, the hardware on laptops are all proprietary and not easily swapped out should something go wrong and go bad such as speakers or the display screen of the laptop. Desktops you have more control of the hardware you can swap out and put in, more control of how you can keep the computer cool.

Expensive for high end really isn't avoidable, I learned that the hard way, so I save up as much as possible and then buy a new one around between 5 to 7 years.

If it's going to be a Desktop Replacement form factor laptop (DRX) then battery won't really matter since the laptop is just going to be bulky and heavy weighing between 7 to 10 pounds on average.

If it's a Thin and Light or "Slim" form factor gaming laptop (TLX), then battery duration can be considered, but in most cases it won't last very long unless you use the laptop on those really shitty settings such as a computer with overoptimized power saving settings but that defeats the purpose for "high end" gaming.

• I heard Alienware's nice but it's expensive

Whatever it is don't get a Mac

• Pretty much. Mac wasn't designed in mind for "High End" games. It will work for indie games and such but their GPU's aren't up to gaming performance standards. As in Mac laptop don't have those nVidia optimus chipset video cards such as the GeForce GTX series, and Macs are also proprietary and expensive. If one day Apple would create a line of high-end gaming laptops for the gaming community and are up to standards such as to support Oculus Rift then I would consider buying them but then I also bet they will cost at least $3500 starting default price.

• @JudgmentDay Not to mention u can't download shit for games lol

• The fact that they never bothered to even make a special line of mac laptops that have those nVidia cards show that Apple doesn't give a fuck about the high end performance modernized computer gaming communities.

That's why when you go to Steam you won't really see anything but lower end indie type games that can and will run on Macs. But until they change and make me an offer that matches what I want I won't bother investing in one anytime soon.

I think Macs are really more suitable for things like web and graphics design, or using proprietary Mac and Apple software applications, and possibly for Information Technology people since they can run Windows on them which could be useful to help for trouble shooting purposes.

In case you aren't aware, you can also create "Hackintosh" Mac computers and customize your own Mac computers to run Mac OS X on non-Apple manufactured computers.

• I have an asus and it kicks ass
    I know some people have problems with them but this one hasn't had any, i had one prior to my newer one and it only started having problems like 3 years after i got it
    I personally really like asus

• Lenovo gaming laptop is amazing

• i want a gaming laptop to bro, whatever you do don't buy an alienware, extremely overpriced

• you can configure your own one on sites like pc specialist

• It is hard to recommend something without knowing the price range.