Do you love or hate the "Brave knight saves the princess" story?

I personally love it. Do you love it or hate it? Why do you love/hate it?

• I hate it.
  • I love it.
  • I think it's fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't hate it, but it's boring and has been done to death. Also, the princess and even Knight characters are often pretty one-dimensional, which is my main issue with it. If you use that trope in a story, at least add something new to make it more interesting. Shrek is a good example. And when writers give characters multi-faceted, genuine personalities and agency & growth, we tend to care about them more.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a classic for a reason.

What Girls Said 3

• it's cliche and boring

• I don't mind it, but I want diversity, I don't want to see the same thing over and over again

• I like it, but then I like the whole protective guy thing, and the man/woman roles in society.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on the execution. It can be good or bad depending on how well it's done.

• I adore it. It's a pretty universal story, it's simple, moral and noble, yet it doesn't need to be simplistic. Plus I'm a huge, huge, King Arthur fanatic, so it comes with the territory.

• Damn. I voted hate it but meant love it.

• its fine but a little boring these days

• meh its a bit over done some times as a quick story arch which makes a game or such lazy at times