Are There Any Good Historical Documentaries You Would Recommend?

Are There Any Good Historical Documentaries You Would Recommend? The older I get the more I enjoy Historical Documentaries. Rome, Civil War, Mafia, W. W.2, Early European History, Vikings are just a few that I enjoy. Still I watch anything that peaks my interest. What's a good one to watch?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• The ascension of woman was a series on recently (well, the last 12 months), it was on BBC4. It is about women obviously but it's really interesting, especially the Chinese Empress. I have just watched a documentary about her specifically but it wasn't as good as the BBC one and I can't remember the name of it wither. Something like China's Forgotten Emperor or similar.

• here's a good one.

Mankind: The Story of All Of Us

Its a documentary of how we as humans came to be on this earth and how we got to this point where we are now.. its VERY interesting. Informative as well, I recommend you get it.

• The War (WWII) & The Civil War by Ken Burns

• Hitler: the rise of evil is a series of multiple episodes about him becoming the crazy person he was.
    *trigger warning, he beats a dog in the first ep.

• Thank you! For the trigger warning.

• @anonman32 yeah I know. But he was also a psycopath. So, I guess you never know!

(If you want a detailed description, here is it: hitler found a dog during combat that he brought back to the soldiers 'living space' while he was still serving in the army. He named it foxl and told it to sit down. The dog didn't do it. Hitler got angry and the dog ran away, hitler chased the dog, took off his belt and started beating it with his belt while some soldiers watched.)

• Me too! I totally would have had nightmares.

• Memory Of The Camps 1 & 2

What Guys Said 11

• Pretty much anything from The Great Courses!
    http://www.thegreatcourses.com/

• I recommend the documentary "Inside Mecca". While it is not necessarily historical, It provides a pretty interesting glimpse into the hajj from 3 distinct perspectives.

• It depends what kind of history you're interested in. Medieval history interests me more.
    You should watch something on the Dark ages, The bubonic plague of 14th century , also called "Black death"
    The strugle , the impact, the economy falling, empires on the verge of collapse. It's quite interesting.

• Adolf Hitler: the greatest story never told.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnu5uW9No8g

• Greek Septuagint Bible.

It was what the Bible was derived of. It has the story of Giglamesh which is ironically similar to Noah (flood). Also, parts were taken out of the contemporary bible.

• upload.wikimedia.org/.../...America_Miniseries.jpg

the actig is better than you'd expect.

• 0|1
  • My brother says, "Ken Burns' The Civil War. Anything Ken Burns is good."

• Power unlimited

• I love documentaries historical and natural

Have u tried animal documentaries?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more