Have you ever been to / participated in a public video game tournament?

EVO 2016
The reason I am asking this question is because... I am going to a fighting video game tournament in Las Vegas in about two weeks!

I'm entering the tournament to play Street Fighter 5 and Mortal Kombat X.

This is the Super Bowl of fighting game tournaments, and there will be pro and amateur players from all over the world in Sin City for all the festivities as well as to pwn each other. :-D

Have you ever been to a public video game tournament before, whether as a spectator or as a participant? What game (s)? How did you do in the tournament?

If no, would you want to go to one (either to play or to watch)? 🎮

------

Vote and answer in as much detail as you like, and click on the link to see about the event i'm going to! :-D

• I've never been to a public video game tournament, and would want to enter to compete!
  • I've never been to a public video game tournament, I want to go to watch people pwn each other
  • Yes I've been to a public video game tournament, and I did compete
  • I've never been to a public video game tournament, I didn't compete but I watched people pwn each other
  • I don't play video games at all, and have no interest in going to one

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice. I joined several LoL tournaments at school but none like yours. Good luck :D

Most Helpful Guy

• "Pwn" Now that's a term I haven't seen since I was a kid.

What Girls Said 5

• No but I'd love to go to watch! I'm not confident in my own abilities on the account of lacking a penis.

• Not yet, unfortunately :(

• Sadly no. :(

• no. better things to do with my time.

• This is an entire convention, the event isn't JUST video games. :-P

• Think about ComicCon but more of a video game focus

• sounds boring. I'll pass.

• haven't seen one

What Guys Said 11

• One of my favorite movies as a kid was "The Wizard" (Fred Savage)... But no, never been to a public one. I worked in a few arcades, and while I don't get to play much, I'm a bit of a gamer at heart. I'd compete, but only if I good live and breathe the game to get used to it... But I would go if I had someone I could support. I don't generally follow the pro competitions, but it'd be fun.

• Yes a long time ago. It was fun and good times.

• At the time when I did the whole tournament thing, it was back around 05-09. I played quite a few tournaments with a doubles partner and FFA in Halo 2 and 3. I never played in the actual official MLG tournaments but I was offered a few times to play for teams. I always declined because I valued school more. I met a few pro's though. I got to play with a few of them and I was barely able to keep up with them.

But now, i haven't been into video games like I used to for a few years now. I finally became burned out by them. I play mkx every once in a long while, but I just play to learn combos and that's it. But the best of luck if you're going to compete at the tournaments. They can be pretty fun. Just don't let your anger get to you if you lose

• when I was younger I visited some smaller local LAN parties. Later I've been in a clan which organized some themselves and had also some professional CS:S players in the top German leagues (ESL Pro Series).

on our lan parties I participated twice in turnaments... got both times second

• but like I said those were small LANs... like 120-150 people at the same time there. no major events like Evo lol

• but I've watched some of the big events of course

• Asker no I am really alpha at those things though and usually I don't go cause the prize isn't really that much money.

• I guess technically... The community center use to have video game consoles and held tournaments in the summer when I was about 12 years old. I beat about 50 kids back to back in the summer camp and other local kids/teens that showed up... Besides that nope, I never really had an interest in gaming tournaments.

• Nope, but I would like to someday...

• I did a ssbm tournament about 10 years ago.

• Believe it or not, Melee is being played at EVO! How did u do in the tourney? Were u able to hang? :-D

• I actually did bad since I had hardly any experience. I just played to fundraise for the debate team.

• Never been interested in pro gaming and that junk.

• Not interested. I usually stick to single player games.

• I went to one for lol it was a vancouver based tournament. I also have been to smash 4 tourneys.

• No, but I've played in a ton of mtg tournaments and even a handful of woodsball tournaments.