Are tattoo artists generally okay with adding on to another artist's work?

Recently I've been feeling like my tattoo on my thigh is lacking. Like it's just kind of there. It's not really dynamic or attention grabbing. It's just... meh.
But I don't want to go to the original artist because my current artist is out of this world amazing and I'd love to work with him instead to really make my thigh "pop".
The thing is that I don't like to be a dick and I'm super afraid of offending people on accident. Like, I don't want him to feel like I'm disrespecting him and his abilities if I ask for help with this. The art around the old piece will be totally original from him so I'm thinking it should be okay... but still not positive lol.

What say you?

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly this is a very personal question.. As iv had a lot of work done and some people are chill with it and others were all bitchy about it.. so it really depends on how they feel.. but i would suggest this.. go to the new guy and be like you know i like your work could you fix this old thing i got because i know you can make it so much better

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would depend on the artist, just talk to him. If he's cool with it, then go for it!

What Guys Said 4

• Just ask him if what you'd like is possible... and if you find him great tell him, that will help a lot :D

• Money is money. Why would it bother anyone?

• No artist wants their skill to be insulted through misuse.

• I wouldn't take them too seriously.

• I absolutely take my tattoo artist seriously. He's super duper important and I have mad rerespect for the man.

• Art is not important. Drawing goofy shit on people is about a 0/100 on the importance scale. It's the kind of stupid, pointless things people do until something important actually does happen.

Something like this:

https://youtu.be/VDv3_KfdBs4

• You serious right now? Take a chill pill. Honestly man, I can't take you seriously at all.

• Seems so wrong.

What Girls Said 0