What's so great about the Game of Thrones?

So many people watch it now... Is it that good? I love tv shows, so if many of you recommend it I think I'll start watching it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd definitely check it out. I jumped on late, it sounded like live action Dungeons & Dragons to me, which is pretty much the opposite of what I'd be into, but it's actually a really well-done show. I had a little trouble keeping up at first because of the odd names and places I'd never heard of before and understanding the dialogue through the British accents most of the actors have, but you get used to it. Plus some people totally nerd out over this show, so there are a thousand episode recaps, etc availabile online, I read those after each episode the first season until I could follow along better.

The scenery and shooting locations are just STUPID... Iceland, Northern Ireland, Spain, Croatia, Morocco... really stunning visuals. I had a hard time getting emotionally attached to some of the characters in the early going, because there are a lot of them and the story jumps around a lot, so I think some character development is sacrificed, but by the end of the most recent season I feel like I have enough built up with the long-time characters. Also, they'll kill off pretty much anyone at any time, they live in a brutal medieval-type of world, so there are definitely some shocking surprises in store.

Overall, definitely worth checking out. I'm not as wrapped up into it as some are, maybe because it still isn't what I'd normally go for, but it's still an excellent show in my mind. A few of my friends are huge GoT nerds, haha, they've read all the books and are always discussing the ins and outs of the politics of this world it takes place in, and I just can't keep up with that, haha. But even just taking the show at face value like I do, it's very entertaining, and at this point it's like "who DOESN'T watch Game Of Thrones?"

What Guys Said 11

• i think it's great. good characters, pretty well acted, great stories, action, drama, suspense, romance, fantasy, some sense of historical realism at times, politics

• Yes it's that good... And it's hard for me to like TV shows

• Boobs and Dragon, what not to like? =)

On a more serious note, The reason GoT and The Walking Dead are so popular because main character can die, and that tension is very addicting. The plot is really good as a bonus, but most people watch it to see if their favorite character gonna die next.

• You never know what's going to happen, the book are just a guideline, and there are virtually no limits. Children get murdered, men get raped and castrated, people get torn to pieces,, people lie, murder, and torture others, the evil flourish or become good or get their just deserts. All in all, it has it all, love, justice, injustice, death, and a god that I haven't figured out yet.

• HBO doesn't air porn often.

• The sex scenes

• These past two seasons have been mediocre
    But over all it is by far the best show on tv right now in my opinion

• I'd recommend checking out the first season, if it's not your thing, don't watch it. I couldn't get into it, but I'm not much for fantasy

• Nothing.

• I watch it for the porn..

What Girls Said 5

• It's good if you like fantasy, medieval times stuff. There are a lot of sex scenes in the first season so if you don't like that you probably wouldn't enjoy it. Also if you're squeamish about blood and stuff, but it's not anything too bad at all. The story is very good, so there is definitely much more to it than sex and gore. I say it's worth it. If you end up liking it you should watch Vikings too.

• I think it's pretty damn good, and I don't even really like TV shows. I'd definitely recommend giving it a chance, at the very least it's different from anything else you'll find on TV.

• No, it's not pretty good it's the best fucking show ever and your life will be an empty socket of nothingness every time a season ends..!

• Because medival shit is popular right now like elder scrolls.

• It is the best show. Even for me it took some convincing at first. Its not even about the nudity. There's a lot more to it. Its almost like an insight into how things happened back in the day with the fantasy of reclaiming what was lost by the righteous. Hope I didn't say too much, but this is why I love it. P. s Dragons are real!