What do you think of Marvel Comics making the new Iron Man a 15yr old black girl?

http://www.BBC.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36731596
So, what are your opinions on this? Is it a good thing, or is it political correctness gone mad?

by the way, is it also worth mentioning that they already did this to Thor?
www.theouthousers.com/.../..._Pichelli_Variant.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry, excuse me? What the FUCK is wrong with people? Holy shit.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Shouldn't she be iron girl?

Also marvel have been doing this for years, it does not bother me.
    Spider-girl (1998)
    X-23 (female wolervine 2004)
    Alejandra Jones (female ghost rider 2011)
    Agony (female vemon 1993)
    And many, many more.

If she is an interesting character with great storylines, I don't really care.

• I'd have thought that she should be 'Iron Girl' as well- but nope, she's the new Iron Man. Which seems like a bit of a misnomer to me, and doesn't strike me as being particularly empowering of females at all...

• I wish they would make more original female superheroes/villians instead of keep on making female counterparts of male characters.

• Well, that would require originality. Which isn't exactly something that's in abundance in Hollywood nowadays...

• Yay! go Marvel, add some spice, only qualm is she should be Iron girl.

• What about the racially stereotyped hairstyle, and the practical issue of how a hairstyle like that could possibly fit into the helmet she's holding? Would that be a minor qualm for you as well?

• Well the hair isn't an issue for me, would have been if it was straight and more europian it's not made of iron it will fit into the helmet, i don't think that's an issue.

What Guys Said 9

• Meh. Iron Man has been dead to me since the third movie.

Hollyweird can't get enough PC and 'diversity'. Whatever. I won't spend my money or time on this movie.

• Meh...

• I find it extremely offensive that this new Iron Man is physically attractive, able-bodied and cisgender. Here's hoping that she is at least a lesbian.

• Don't know if she's cisgender yet- maybe she's 'Iron Man' because she's pre-op transgender?

• Still better than making Roland Deschain into a black dude.

• But Roland Deschain actually was a dude though. Wouldn't the parallel have been if they'd made Roland Deschain into a black teenage girl? I don't know, but it just seems a bit weird to cast a 15yr old girl in the role of Iron MAN...

• Lol, well at least she is a new character wearing the suit.
      It is not like they went and turned Tony Stark into a 15 year old black girl.

That being said, it still a bunch of retarded PC garbage.

• Wow. I'm just amazed. Who still buys this shit?

• lol wth

• Lol dumb femenists taking over marvel, They wanna target these dumb femenists because they'd get hyped

• Sounds kind of dumb to me

• It's a story - big deal. If you want to talk about bad stories, try last month where they revealed Captain fucking America is a fucking Hydra agent.

Now that's a bad fucking story.