Pop , rock or anything?

Hi. Which music genre do you listen to? and which are your favorit band?

I personally prefer nostalgia songs

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Nostalgia songs? Like songs from the 90s? lol

Anyway, my favorite genre is progressive metal. I like it when there is a technically difficult but strong melody amongst the instruments. Guitar harmonies ftw.

In it's more emotional / chill version:
    Priestess by Periphery

In it's more upbeat / chaotic version:
    Orchid by Erra

However, I also like metalcore:
    Waking The Demon by Bullet For My Valentine

Still jamming Erra ehh? Have you checked out their Augment album by chance? These tracks here... Good lawd...

@drummerdude25 I actually have been listening to a lot more stuff by them. I listened to Augment. Orchid is still my favorite Erra song so far-- I think it's the intro lol. Pretty badass album nevertheless. I'm not the biggest fan of Erra's screams, but their guitar riffs are top notch. 👌

Yeah, there's the riffing on Orchid from 2:35 to like 3:10... and it kinda builds a little bit but man... always feeling that part 1000% lol. I also really like Safehaven from the Drift album.

I agree though, I'm really into their instrumentation, and while I like the clean vocalist, his melodies feel a little forced at times. And yeah, the screams I can generally take or leave... I just really like their sound. It's kind of like a heavier Saosin from around 10 years ago.

• I listen to so many different genres of mudic like rock, classical, metal, pop, jazz, blues, electronic, country etc. My list of the bands, goups, singers, musicians would be so all over and could be huge amount. This will not be all of who I like since I like way way more than an one wants to read. Heart, Dokken, Krokus, Yngwie Malmsteen, The Doors, Janis Joplin, The Who, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, ABBA, Bee Gees, Tears For Fear, Marvin Gaye, Nirvana, Hole, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Alan Jackson, LeAnn Rimes, Kenny Chestney, Orgy, Prodigy, Plasmatics, Motorhead, Jelly Roll Morton, Ma Rainey, Etta James, Herb Albert and The Tijuana Brass, Ludwig Von Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeous Mozart, Johann Sebastian Bach, Antonio Vivaldi, Federic Chopin, Dizzie Dulcimer, Gothminister, Ego Likeness, Faun, Alice In Videoland, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Slayer, Metallica, Avril Lavigne etc

• Nostalgia is my favorite too (in my case, it's 80s music, and a lot from movies and video games).

I like dance kind of music of various types. I don't pay enough attention to know the subtle differences between the genres.

Favorite artist for me is Aphex Twin.

What Girls Said 2

• i like pop and edm like perfume

• I like country music, but it has to be the gritty and rugged kind.
    -Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron, soundtrack
    - Wanted dead or alive, Bon Jovi
    -Indian Outlaw, Tim Mcgraw
    -Chris LeDoux
    -Just like them horses, Reba McEntire

Not many songs like this on the radio