Is the new ghostbusters trailer really that bad?

I dunno. I've just watched it and it doesn't seem *that* bad. I suppose I'll have to wait and see the movie before making any real judgements but the trailer doesn't totally blow it in my opinion.

What do you think?

• It looks totally awesome!
  • It looks like total crap!
  • Meh, it looks okay.
  • Ghostbusters is ruined!!
  • I'm just gonna wait for the movie to come out
  • Other opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Its interesting to note how guys are twice as likely to think it's crap with 62% ( B and D) while only 31% of women (B and D) think so.
    I don't like this trailer as much as the clips that I saw on Ellen, those were actually funny :) Though I still don't want to see the movie.
    https://youtu.be/4cCqOZDu2-w

My overall feel of the movie is that yea, it's not gonna be a good movie, but I think there will be some laughs-god forbid it's as bad as Warcraft. That was a waste of money :/

• What I found more interesting was that the guys were more likely to leave constructive criticism, whereas the women were more likely to leave low-energy criticism, for example: "It's shit.", "Fuck my life", What a steaming pile of shit"..

• lol, to be fair, you got two of those from one user. And one of the others curses all the time. Maybe we ladies have simply aren't passionate enough about this to note the bad writing, cheap jokes, etc. Though-I think the blonde lady looks interesting to watch/funny.

Most Helpful Guy

• In the original, the men got to spout off lines about their esoteric knowledge. The awkward pauses made things funny. When the city treated them like crap, you could see both sides of the argument. The slapstick was there, but wasn't the entire point. And the entire thing didn't look like a Technicolor acid trip either.

The new one relies on PC jokes, cheap gags, recycled references to the original, Scooby-Doo animation, sets so overblown-colorful that they make Guardians of the Galaxy look monochrome, and actresses who just don't make for strong leads.

Also, bad writing. Chris Hemsworth is a terrible substitute for Rick Moranis. He just can't pull off the nerdy with the same level of authenticity.

In fact, that's the word to describe the new one: it doesn't feel *authentic*. On top of that, the entire Ghostbusters concept worked so well because it embraced the 80s culture of when it was made. Now, it feels like a Disco Dan still trying to be cool long past its prime.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm not that thrilled by watching the trailer. The original Ghostbusters is a classic movie. This one seems... silly (and not in a good way) in comparison. Both employ humor, but the new one is more childish and just odd.

• I think the issue is more that people 1. apparently don't like classics being 'messed with', and 2. certainly don't like that this is an all female team. Whilst I don't think the trailer is amazing, I don't think it looks nearly as bad as people have made it sound.

• all female cast is fine. this all female cast looks one-dimensional and overall bad. and they put a bad cast to replace a classic movie with classic characters.

• I think it has more to do with being an all women team and the original was an all male team. So people think they just changed it to please feminazi's.

• I'm not watching that shit

• I really want to see the movie but I'll have to wait until it comes to DVD :(

• I didn't like the first and i don't like it now.

• I think the trailer is alright, i think the main reason why people shit on this is because ghostbusters is such a classic and many watched it when they were younger. Aaaand since it's a full female cast.
    I'll give it a chance, it's unlikely to be the best movie ever, but I don't think it deserves the amount of hate it have gotten so far.

• It shows me that producers these days has no originality and i prefer the original ghost busters with the guys.

• It looks like a steaming pile of shit. My childhood is ruined. Fuck my life.

• It just seems like they try too hard to be funny and I feel embarrassed whenever I see a show or movie or whatever when people are just trying to hard

• It's shit

• I think it will be cool to see an all woman team and I like some of the actresses in it... but the producers did a lousy job on the trailer...

• It doesn't look good to me but I never saw the original so I might not be the target audience

What Guys Said 19

• the trailer just looks meh. it doesn't seem very funny, it doesn't seem as clever. the writing was what hooked people for the original ghostbusters. it was clever, often subtle... this new movie seems to lack that solid writing.

but i do want to see it regardless. trailers are often misleading

• You have to realize it's a beloved franchise. The new one looks like a cheap comedy. It completely misses so many key notes about what made the original Ghostbusters a hit.

• Which key notes has the new ghostbusters missed out? As far as you can tell from just watching the trailer, that is.

• Original Ghostbusters was kind of a nerdy flick. It put a bit more emphasis on adventure and nerdy science and so on than cheap jokes. The new one looks kind of on par with an Adam Sandler flick, which can be fun and cheap entertainment, but I imagine a lot of people feel like it's trampling all over the franchise.

• Yeah but after all time we get this, its almost as if they're making fun of it. Like a parody

• it looks like garbage to me. You're probably too young to know what the original ghostbusters was like, but it was nothing like this. This movie from what i can tell is based on cliche jokes and stereotypes. Definitely won't be watching this one... not even for free

• What kind of cliche stereotypes? I didn't seem to notice any tbh

• The angry, "ghetto" black woman. You have a point there.
      But apart from her, who is a cliche?

• i just don't really like how they've cast the women in general. The whole team is cliche. It's the sort of typical four man band that you'd expect... one person being the brainiac super genius, one person being the quirky jokester who can never pay attention, another one being the hardass, and then the token black guy/girl who plays up the stereotype. I've got no interest in watching this

• Review websites are giving it an "overall positive score" but I don't care. I'm not watching this film because it takes a lot of what made the original movie such a classic. What little is shown of humor in the trailers seems very low grade, and the cgi effects just look terrible. The mood of the movie is comparable to scooby doo (wacky and loud), and it contrast the overall weird, sarcastic, dark but at the same time funny of the original film.

Not really looking forward on watching Melissa McCarthy farting, and viewing a run-on of politically correct-aware jokes. Fucking bullshit.

• 1. If the original was good don't remake it
    2. If you decide to remake it get an awesome cast
    Neither of the 2 criteria have been met

• The only ones who will like this are tweens who have never seen the original. An all female team in a modern 21st century? Ghostbusters was ruined from the start.

• Terrible. And I don't give a crap, since I'm not a big Ghostbusters fan, other than seeing Ernie Hudson.

• ... No... just no

• Sorry, ladies. U hired McCarthy

• Some films should never be remade or followed up. E. g.; Casablanca, Citizen Kane, The Buorne Trilogy. You know the ones

• It looks okay, but I just cannot stand Melissa McCarthy.

• Ghostbusters is ruined!!

• This made me suicidal.

• I'm not going to see it on opening day, but I'll at least wait for it to come out and check the consensus on rottentomatoes. com before deciding whether to see it.

• Create a legend. Be in need for money. Ruin the legend you created decends ago just for money.

• My issue is with the casting, do they have enough obese women?

• I even made an post on it here and I agree, it's sucks

• I already saw the original which was sub par as it is so why would i watch this rebooted crap.

• 0|0