What do you think of the Death Note remake?

Apparently they're doing it for Netflix, and already started filming.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-08/live-action-death-note-filming-spotted-in-vancouver/.104088

Will it be better or worse than anime? What do you think?

@theccanyon @HookingSwan

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Did not need to remake it.

• True.. maybe they want to bring it back to life for the younger generations..

What Girls Said 7

• ... I'll be mad for all of 5 minutes if it's a flop.

• won't work well

• No. America always ruins these.

• Never saw the original haha but I hope it's good

• No. Just, no.
    First of all I believe if you film an anime irl, use actors of the anime's origin instead of americans.
    Secod of all I've yet to see any anime that got filmed in irl that was actually good..

• Yeah, unless they have the same spikey hair, I don't think it's gonna work. Part of the fantasy only works in animation I think. It gets weird to see more unreal stuff with real characters.

• Yeah, and how would they even make the shinigami?

• probably animated on top of the real characters... like Scott Pilgrim vs the world..

It's gonna be stupid.. I can predict it

• Wtf no! Is that true?

What Guys Said 11

• O damn I love death note but these characters are so wrong, nah Im not feeling this at all. Is watari supposed to be that Asian guy? Nah he's supposed to be an old man.
    Well lets hope its good but this wasn't needed, the original was good enough.

• yeah, that's what I also thought.. I mean. for Light, I even like that guy, but it's still wrong all the way :(

• I have never seen the original, but trying to make a live action show from an anime sounds like a bad idea to me

• Hmm I don't know... I'll probably just stick to the anime. It's one of my favorites out there

• keith is an interesting choice for L lol. But i was a huge fan of deathnote. Probably one of the most intricate animes out there. Its just a shame that it was only a couple seasons, but i'd be open to a live action adaptation of it. I think there already has been a movie or something done on the show though

• Hasn't there already been a live action death note anyway live action anime is shit I have no interest in this show and I'm not even a big anime fan (but death note was sick).

• I'm for it.

• It's gonna be a sacrilege. I say that as someone who didn't like Death Note that much anyway, but this is going to completely rape the original the way the live-action DBZ movie did.

• They've already done a live action trilogy with a sound alternatie conclusion, what's the point?

• I don't care because I hate anime and their rotten, jerky fans.

• I hate his name. Naguchi.

• i don't care for it, same w/ the original