What is the greatest movie of all time?

Most Helpful Guy

• The Crow. That's my favorite movie.

• I believe Hollywood is trying to screw this one up with a re-make. Versions 2+ should have been strong indications of why they need to stop that endeavor.

• And luckily the remake was canceled. Fuck Hollywood, and people wonder why I barely go out to the movies these days.

• I'm not so sure the project has been axed yet. The director dropped out along with a few actors back in like 2014/15, and then the movie company heading the project, I think went under, but I think its been picked up again. IMDB says its in production, though does not provide any other details.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pride and Prejudice 2005❤️

• have you seen the zombie version. I was actually very impressed how true to the book they kept with, you know, with the zombies and all.

• Yes I did and loved it haha!

Sponsored

What Guys Said 22

• It's entirely subjective because everyone's favorite movies can be considered "greatest movie of all time" to them.

I'd have to go with the following dozen or so movies that I can remember from the top of my head:

A. I. Artificial Intelligence
    Blade Runner
    The Matrix
    Terminator (just the first 2)
    Robocop
    WALL-E
    The Transformers: The Movie (the 1986 animated original)
    I, Robot
    The Iron Giant
    Ghostbusters
    Army of Darkness (and it's prequels Evil Dead and Evil Dead II)
    Predator
    Aliens

And I'm sure there will be more I didn't list.

And I can't really pick a single one out of those as the "greatest" movie of all time, as it really depends on what I really want to watch.

• Interesting list. I've seen most of it. I think though when you talk about greatest of all time, just looking at everyone's answers, most of the films, if I've seen them, I could see why someone would pick it. Good writing, visually stunning, ground-breaking work, great acting/actors/actresses... but there is also something to be said that at the basis of a good movie of all time, some things sort of still have to be there, like plot, good writing, good visuals, whatever that belong to the genre of the film if we're talking best of the best. There are cult movies that may be terrible, but people admit that first, it's terrible, but I like it "because" it's terrible, not because it's good in any conventional sense.

• I forgot to add The Dark Knight to the list, stupid me I forgot. Heath Ledger's role as The Joker is just legendary and for that reason alone is really really worthy of being on my list of the "greatest movie of all time", or specifically Chris Nolan's version of The Joker, since he's an entirely different kind or a very unique kind of villain.

Actually that whole trilogy of Batman films from Nolan was superior compared to the earlier Batman films, in particularly compared to Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. As those 2 just were not good movies at all to me. But like you had said sometime people will watch movies that aren't good just for the good laughs, and I thought Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze was funny and he stole the show despite Batman & Robin was already an awful movie.

• If it weren't for the sequels, then the Matrix, but since we can't wipe that bs from our memory...

A Better Tomorrow (英雄本色) (1986)

Followed closely by:
    Scarface
    Funny Games (Original Austrian version)
    Pan's Labyrinth
    Trading Places
    My Sassy Girl (Original S. Korean version)
    Infernal Affairs
    The Godfather I/II
    Finding Nemo
    Idiocracy

• Gladiator

• Citizen Kane

• Either
    8 mile
    Or
    Straight Outta Compton

• The Lord of the Rings

• What kind of stupid fat hobbit would give this a thumbsdown?

• But it's just 10 hours of bare foot hiking. Naked and Afraid XL does that too, but with naked people.

• Count of Monte Cristo.

• Bram Stoker's Dracula and for one reason... Gary Oldman. Just the amount of passion he puts into every line he says just puts me in a trance.

No homo.

• I cannot tell you how much I love this movie for the same reason. Every time I watch, I do however wish Keanu Reeves would disappear, but to see Oldman at his best... stunning work.

• Yea, that movie was NOT Keanu's calling in life. But yea, Gary. When you watch his scenes with Mina, just the way he talks you can feel how much his character loves her and wants her to be his. Stunning indeed.

• Clockwork Orange

• Anything by Dali. Trippy as fuck.

• The Godfather

• ghost and the darkness!

• Scott pilgrim vs the world

• Cinema Paradiso, a great Italian movie and the theme song even better by Josh Groban (Se). You have to watch it

• Also
      Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) by -Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet-
      Oldboy (2003) -S. Korean Movie-
      The Pianist (2002)
      Judgment at Nuremberg (1961) -One of the best-
      The Sixth Sense (1999)
      Her (2013)
      The Lives of Others (2006) -German Movie-

• That definitely makes my top ten list, Cinema Paradiso. A true love letter to movies and to love itself.

• Yeah, It's amazing and the best part at in the end, in the cinema.

• Troy... that's one movie I'll watch many times over

• DEAD POOL

• close call between shawshank redemption and the godfather.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

• Borat

• for me? it's the scorpion king (the one with the rock)

• I'm trying so hard not to judge right now, but we're talking... of all time...

The only way I could see justifying this one is if you just love the Rock and can't see beyond that fact...

• yeah, that

• You know the Godfather?
    Did not care for it.

• cause it insists upon itself, right? lol

• @Dave20154 Yes it insists upon itself.

What Girls Said 13

• Mean Girls

• Goodfellas
    Casino
    Scarface
    The Godfather
    Rocky
    Rambo
    American sniper
    The illusionist

I'll stop now lol. Everytime I wrote one I thought of another lol

• This Is The End

• All I can think of is "you have iPads built in your walls yet you jack off like a damn pilgrim" bahahaha

• There isn't just one, this is my list;
    Psycho (1960)
    A Clockwork Orange
    Enter The Dragon
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Ghostbusters
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Crow
    Pulp Fiction
    Desperado
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    The Harry Potter series

• For me personally, it's Disney's Pocahontas... and yes, I know it's not historically correct but I love the animation a whole lot and the ending makes me cry every time

• Completely impossible to answer.

A GREAT one I saw recently online was High-Rise.
    Powerful + beyond brilliant
    For intelligent indie fans only :)

• Ever After

• White Chicks

• All Carries

• Hm I dint know

• Set it off

• Fantasia is one of my favorites.

• Im sure its different for everyone but my all time fave movie has to be Almost Famous

• how many times have you sung "Tiny Dancer?" lol

• Hundreds and hundreds lol. But then again it was a fave of mine before the movie so...