My music taste is changing with age?

So I'm 13 (my account says I'm 15 just ignore that) and just a couple of months ago I was listening to edm mostly but now I'm listening to Panic! At The Disco, Tøp, Nirvana, and Arctic Monkeys. I still love edm, but now I'm listening to more rock. Does this happen to everyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its completely normal. When I was about your age, I didn't even really like music. I listened to what was on the radio and what my parents played in the car. When I was 15, I got into the Beatles. Everything was suddenly Beatles, Beatles, Beatles. I downloaded all of their albums and listened to them every day. That led me to my 60s phase. All I wanted to listen to was music from the 60s. A few months later, I started listening to 80s music, and it wasn't long before I entered my 80s phase, now everything was 80s. I have downloaded over 300 songs as a result of my 80s phase, that in about a year and a half. Now I still listen to The Beatles, the 80s, some 70s, even some 2000s that I grew up with. So in about two and a half years, I went from being a non fan to becoming the music lover I am today.

So yes, tastes can change, and quickly 😊

What Guys Said 5

• yeah it does, i started to enjoy trance music, k-pop songs and majestic sounding songs like Still Alive off the Mirror's Edge soundtrack. Before this i would have thought this music was weird.

I used to mostly listen to rap, hip-hop and r&b. I still enjoy the genres though, my music pallet only expanded

• This just happens, this stuff still happens to me. I like pop songs first because I was generic and din't explore much else, but as I started looking around, I found great electronic music. I somehow got into classical after that but then it changed to rock as my number 1. And only recently I've started listening to metal and I like it, it's normal for music tastes to change but I still love all of my old favourite songs and artists

• Yep. When you reach my age, you shall have successfully transitioned through about 100 genres. 12 British Indie. 14, punk the like. 17 metal. At 20 I was on classical and lots of demented black metal. Now I mostly listen to classical and assorted stuff like Chvrches. :)

• Everybody's taste in music evolves

• Happens to me also. I like the vibez

What Girls Said 1

• Of course it happens to a lot of people. As you age your taste will change. Also has a lot to do with fitting in and listening to whats around you...