Do you believe instagram humiliated the art of photography?

I believe it did. Search photo archives from two, three, four decades ago. What would you see? Photos of landscapes, sunsets, buildings, roads, gardens, and all that stuff. Photos of people who knew a few things about photography and how a camera works.

Now what we see? People doing goofy pictures, and posting stupid group selfies, or photos about what they are going to eat or drink (never understood the concept behind eat). Not to mention those stupid captions where emoticons are included. Just give it up people. I really dislike what many isntagram users do.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• There are actually plenty of professional photographers/photography on instagram. Instagram wasn't even made to be only for professionals. Neither was photography in general. I think the beauty of it is that it's accessible for anyone, and anyone can take pics of anything. You're just being a negative Nancy.

• Nancy means "pussy" may I guess?

And can you explain to me the concept of taking photos of foods and drinks?

• Actually I thought it means they want to make "jealous" their friends about what they're about to eat.

• Maybe some do, but definitely not everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, that's because literally everyone has accessed to a camera via phone, doesn't make them serious photographers. It's not like the art itself has been molested.

• The bad thing started since MySpace actually (by the time first phones with cameras became available) and then with facebook. But since instagram the thing went REALLY big.

What Girls Said 5

• ... i dont get what the issue is. instagram isn't just for photographers.

• Wish it was, because most "common people" fucked up the art of photography. Phones with cameras did more bad than good, ultimately.

• No instagram is not supposed to have only photography majors, it's an app open to regular people who want to share their personal pictures with friends. If you want professional pictures just go to an art gallery or something.

• And those pictures aren't so "smart" if you ask me.

• ur silly, some insta themess are soo pretty. and if u want sunsets and shit, tumblr is for u.

• i like the kitten and tiger cub videos

• You need to loosen up.

• Sorry but I can't with what I see.

What Guys Said 4

• You don't like #10filters to block out 90% of my face so I look purdy
    pics?
    Yeah everyone takes selfies and then pictures of food and shit, this is partly why I don't have social media haha.

• Nobody's forcing you to view those photos. Just let people hav fun, what does it concern you how they use the technology they have at hand?

• To be honest, I admit I use instagram just in order to check some chicks' profiles I see on modelmayhem... but when I see the stupid stuff they upload... well I feel like hacking their account and removing all those silly pictures, and keep only their good ones.

• Why obsessive? I have to skip many silly pictures in order to find their good ones.

• That is your problem, not every one elses.

• Just the opposite, actually. I don't believe that selfies and pictures of food are photography, however.

• lol not even