Help, I wrote myself into a corner, what do I do now?

So I did not write an outline at first while I was writing my story. I wrote the outline Towards the middle of my story and I wrote the novel outline Until the end. So today I decided to try something new which is right an outline of a chapter before I write it the good news is it helped me become more organized but I've been realized that I wrote myself into a corner. I have a big climax scene between the villain And the heroes But I am stumped

The supporting hero character is supposed to have a power that is supposed to be a surprise during the climax scene im writing, however i have no way of showing this power because there are not enough villains to hurt people there are only 2 villains in this scene, one of the villains is in jail. The only way the hero can show power is if a lot of people get hurt. The heroes on theprotagonist side outweigh the vilains in this scene
*Write

Most Helpful Guy

• Treat it like an algebra equation.

• How?

• Hope that helps, and good luck.
      P. S. it sounds like you're doing pretty well so far.

• Thanks i definitely will try that. Wouldn't I have over 100 scenes if i wrote each scene? I definitely plan on outlining when i begin editing. I learned my lesson, never write a novel without outlining first

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know what kind of story you're writing and what kind of power your protagonist has, but maybe try making the threat extend beyond the heroes? I mean maybe have a bomb detonate and hurt innocents or something like that.
    You can also have the heroes caught in a trap of some sorts so they might get hurt?
    You can also only make the protagonist think that lots of people will get hurt even if the villain can't really hurt anyone.
    Also, maybe the villain in jail escaped and began hurting innocents.
    I'm just not sure what kind of story you're writing..
    Anyway, no matter what, make sure you foreshadow the surprise power your protagonist has so that it won't seem like a deus ex machina or lazy writing.

• I alreadyforeshadowed the power. its time for the protagonist to deliver. Its a fantasy novel

What Guys Said 5

• How about instead of having the villain hurt a lot of people, he humiliates the hero? That can be equally as damaging.

• I thought about what you said and im going to write a scene using that just in case i decide to do it

• "right an outline of a chapter before I write it the good news is it helped me become more organized but I've been realized that I wrote myself into a corner."

I hope you're not writing in English.

• I hope you grow up

• I do not want you to be angry, you are already angry
      #unbothered

• huhu

huhuhhuhhhuh

no.

• The great thing about a good story is that it was probably rewritten several times. Go back and change until your story makes sense again.

• Good point but im not even finished writing this story.

• How do i know if the story makes sense?

• Have someone else read it. Be accepting (truly accepting) of criticism. *WARNING* criticism is hard to take.

• When my friend Towelie is feeling stuck he always has a solution.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7jwJ1vWGA

Yeah no idea soz

• Maybe explain what happens so we can help you write out of the corner with ideas of what could happen next to resolve the situation?

• The supporting hero character is supposed to have a power that is supposed to be a surprise during the climax scene im writing, however i have no way of showing this power because there are not enough villains to hurt people there are only 2 villains in this scene, one of the villains is in jail. The only way the hero can show power is if a lot of people get hurt.

• Hmm... sorry, can't help you there right now. I'll get back to you if I get an idea. XD

What Girls Said 0