What does this poem mean?

The person who can boil down the poem the best gets MHO. I recently wrote it and please also tell me what you think of the poem.
Here it is:

I don't follow the rules and I lie with ease
Since when I tell the truth then they always tease

Because life is just a game
Where we're all searching for fame
And no one bothers listenin'
Until the blood drops begin glistenin'

But it is all okay
Because I'll make it another day
When they ask me why I stay
Even when life's turning grey

The first thing that I'll say is,
"I am making my own way"

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't follow the rules and I lie with ease
    Since when I tell the truth then they always tease"

The first line essentially states that the narrator marches to the beat of his/her own drum. That naturally creates a reputation and hence "boy who cried wolf scenario." Rather, people know that the narrator is a troublemaker (or in lighter terms: free spirit). From that, the second line states that when the narrator actually turns serious, everyone can't put down the narrator's reputation as a troublemaker/jokester/free spirit, and no one believe's him/her.

"Because life is just a game
    Where we're all searching for fame"

Pretty straight forward. Everyone just wants to win, no one wants to lose. Taken to a deeper meaning though, the game of life doesn't really have a winner, so it's kind of like a race without a finish line. People just aimlessly go for one step above their current position... and then one step above... and so forth.

"And no one bothers listenin'
    Until the blood drops begin glistenin'"

Because of the game like quality as mentioned before, people are so focused on winning that they turn selfish and go for mutual self interest. These lines are a play on "it's all fun and games until someone get's hurt" saying. Again taken to a deeper meaning, you could say that it is like how typical western society lives in a "civilized" mindset, where everything is essentially fun and games until they blood is spilled. For instance, many can tune out horrible things they see on the news-- like they are far away and unrelated to life... but when similar situations happen to your person, they suddenly take a whole new meaning.
    The narrator, in this instance, is blown off as being a troublemaker/jokester until it is too late. Blood is spilled and the deed is done-- only now is he/she taken seriously.

But it is all okay
    Because I'll make it another day

The narrator forgives the people for ignoring his/her warnings and teasing him/her.

When they ask me why I stay
    Even when life's turning grey

The narrator is hurt from the teasing and accusations, but still stays around the same people. The people ask why.

The first thing that I'll say is,
    "I am making my own way"

The narrator is in a forgive-not-forget scenario. He/she will remember the teasings and disbelief and is now in a solo adventure. However, the narrator will keep on moving on, still in the same society, but now with a newfound mindset of being alone.

What Guys Said 3

• Okay this is gonna be long so I'll try to not bore you out.

"I don't follow the rules and I lie with ease

This says that op is street smart. Op has learnt from experience that telling the truth has got him into troubles.

"Because life is just a game
    Where we're all searching for fame
    And no one bothers listenin'
    Until the blood drops begin glistenin"

Op says that everyone's striving for success and that they are so blinded by it that they don't see the wrongs they are doing to others and when they do realize, often it's too late.

But it is all okay
    Because I'll make it another day
    When they ask me why I stay
    Even when life's turning grey

The first thing that I'll say is,
    "I am making my own way"

But op is content with what path he's chosen.. op here is procrastinating , saying that he'll make up the for the wrongs he's done later in the future. At the end OP says, that everybody follows his own path in life.

• I think what the writer is trying to express is that he/she is a monosyllabic dullard with little to say, and even less with which to say it!

• People teased me so I became a sociopath, but I'm just being myself.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not terrible