Which is the best sitcom ever made?

For years I've been searching for sitcoms and watching at least the first couple of episodes trying to find good ones. So I don't think I've missed anything great, so these are the best ones. If you can think of anything better than any of these do tell but I don't think there are any. So which one is the best of them all?

For me it's between Only fools and horses and Black books. Only fools and horses is of course the king of all sitcoms, despite it being over 30 years old it's still incredibly funny and liked by people of all ages. But the first season wasn't great and near the end some episodes were a bit serious so I'll probably go with Black books. Black books is absolutely brilliant, the only problem is they didn't make enough episodes.
The other ones here are also brilliant though, if you haven't seen them you must!

PS. You may be thinking "where is Cuckoo?" but although the first season was brilliant, the next two seasons weren't good enough to make the list
PS (2). Yeah they're all British, I've searched and searched but I could not find a single good American sitcom.. I guess we're all waiting for them to start making some

• Only fools and horsesWhich is the best sitcom ever made?
  • Black BooksWhich is the best sitcom ever made?
  • IT crowdWhich is the best sitcom ever made?
  • Count Arthur StrongWhich is the best sitcom ever made?
  • 15 Storeys HighWhich is the best sitcom ever made?
  • PlebsWhich is the best sitcom ever made?
  • Dunno/don't like sitcoms

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheers
    Arrested Development
    Parks and Recreations
    Frasier
    The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    Community
    M*A*S*H
    It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Sex In The City
    Everybody Hates Chris
    Keeping Up Appearances
    Are You Being Served
    The Office (UK)
    Absolutely Fabulous
    Blackadder

• love all these
      Cheers
      Arrested Development
      Parks and Recreations
      Frasier
      The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
      Community
      M*A*S*H
      It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Most Helpful Guy

• Only Fools is genius comedy.

• Yeah it's a true masterpiece

• Its so original that nothing could replace its value

What Girls Said 4

• Seinfeld and Mash

• Seinfield isn't funny at all. Haven't actually seen Mash but if it can be grouped with Seinfield maybe it's for the best

• Dont ask a question if you dont want an answer. You have your opinion and I have mine.

• Friends

• I've tried to watch it 4 times since it's so popular but it's so bad I couldn't even sit through 1 episode

• Wow that's a shame

• never heard of any of the ones you mentioned

• Guess they're not so famous in Japan. But you should watch them!

• What are these?

What Guys Said 11

• best ever.
    seinfeld in my opinion

• In terms of seasons ran probably M*A*S*H which ran longer than the actual Korean war

• The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is pretty up there for me. there are others but thats the main one that comes to mind when I think of only ONE sit-com.. its that.

• Honestly? While I was a big IT Crowd fan when it was being made, I feel like it hasn't aged too well (And the last series was pretty bad anyway). Too much emphasis on the "LOL WEIRD HA HA XD" comedy style that the US likes. It's still good, but nothing award winning.

• I didn't like Jen at all and yeah it did have a lot of US style humor, which is why it's not as good as Black Books, but most the humor was good. It was a really good show, Roy is brilliant, Moss is too but not the best actor and both the Reynholms were great, especially the father. And I think it has aged fine, he purposely avoided making nerd jokes cause they wouldn't age well. But yeah the last season wasn't quite as good as the rest, and the 2013 special was bad

• The British sitcom "Coupling" written by Steven Moffet and ran from about 2000 to 2003. Just like GaG, it is all about the differences between men and women and how they relate.

• Huh why've I never heard of this? I'll check it out right away

• Hmm ok I watched it. I didn't like that the whole show is about sex and I don't really like the whole man vs woman difference thing. But it was rather funny anyway, so thanks for telling me about it. Well except the last season was totally rubbish..
      by the way do you not find Steve looks like a mixture of David Tennant and Jim Carrey? It's all I could think every time it showed his face

• sitcoms are tv shows right?

• Yeah, "situation comedy" tv shows

• okay, i think you should watch
      1. friends
      2. scrubs
      3. two and a half men
      4. the big bang theory
      5. the middle
      6. the office
      7. Seinfeld

• I've seen some of all of them exept the middle, and I didn't like any of them enough to watch the whole thing. Friends was so bad I couldn't even get through one episode

• Seinfeld

• Married with Children or Malcom in the Middle

• M*A*S*H and All in the Family

• Seinfeld, period.

• It's okay but not funny at all. Doesn't compare with these

• Malcolm in the Middle.