Who is the biggest movie star in the world?

• Leonardo Dicaprio
  • Johnny Depp
  • Shah Rukh Khan
  • Tom Cruise
  • Robert Downey Jr.
  • Tom Hanks
  • Brad Pitt

Most Helpful Guy

• Among these choices, I would say that, objectively, Tom Cruise is the biggest movie star. He's the only one among these who is still making a variety of popcorn-style movies that are accessible to the widest audience and most consistently bring in the dollars worldwide.

Johnny Depp has been involved in several flops in the past few years.
    Shah Rukh Khan is unfortunately not recognized enough outside of India.
    Robert Downey Jr.'s reemergence is almost exclusively tied to Iron Man.
    Tom Hanks's star has faded recently, although "Inferno" is coming later this year.
    Brad Pitt has always more often been known for good lucks than for actual box-office numbers, lol. Just look at his track record and see, compared to the other actors here. xD
    Leo DiCaprio is most definitely more respected than Tom Cruise, but Leo mostly stars in Oscar-bait movies that aren't always accessible to the widest audiences. "The Revenant" was badass though, and "Blood Diamond" is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tom Hanks in the entire world and longest, but right now - Leo...

What Guys Said 4

• Tom Cruise in my opinion is the most memorable (though close).

He might be a scientology psychopath, but Top Gun, Rain Man, Edge of Tomorrow, Cocktail, A Few Good Men, Magnolia, Last Samurai, etc. -- it's hard to beat his track record.

It's not necessarily that he has the best films or anything, he's almost caricature. But that's why I think he's one of the most memorable here.

• Leonardo Dicaprio to me seems like possibly the finest actor but Tom Cruise to me is like Al Pacino or Robert De Niro -- he's caricature-esque.

• Leonardo Dicaprio

• Whoever is the biggest one

• You meant the most popular? Bratt Pitt. But one part of his more popularity is because of his marriage with Angelina Jolie. The super couple called 'Brangelina'

What Girls Said 1

• Leonardo Dicaprio :)