Tips for good singing voice? Dos and don'ts?

I have a performance Friday and I know I'm capable of killing it I just don't know if I will. No stage fright or anything just worried about trusting myself or my voice to do it's thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't practice a lot
    Drink lots of water
    Cough syrup? LOL
    And be confident so you can kill it

Most Helpful Girl

• Try doing vocal warmups on Youtube, they help! Also drink tea with lemon and honey about an hour or two before you go on stage-it helps the throat

What Guys Said 3

• Sing from your diaphragm, sing scales regularly, learn good mic technique, find a good voice teacher if you can afford one., learn to sing close harmonies.

• If you drink anything before you sing, choose something warm (like hot tea) and not something cold. Don't eat less than two hours before you sing.

• Warm up at least 45 mins. before performing. Chord tones, full scales, octave slides - whatever you usually do. Keep lukewarm water on hand.

You may want to maintain some level of ego as well. It takes a modicum of smugness to convince yourself that you're really entertaining your audience. At the least, it will help take your mind off of any fear by keeping up a confident persona.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't drink anything cold or else your voice will not reach high notes.