Which traits in music would you say attracts you?

I'd have to say as a lyricist it is obvious I'd choose lyrics due to the structure and wordplay that is going on in the song. Although I do love it when an artist plays with lyrical structure it just wouldn't attract me if there wasn't no melody to go with it. The answer to my question is how everything is put together. Each beat in a bar, verse, chorus, hook, everything just has to go together in order for me the music to attract me.

• Lyrics
  • Instrumental
  • Voice
  • The way everything is put together
  • All of the above

Most Helpful Girl

• All of the above.

Most Helpful Guy

• I thing by music you meant song. Anyway in a song, to me music is the main component. Because if you sing a song with some random lyrics and proper tune/music, people will understand you are trying to sing that particular song. But if you do this with correct lyrics, but random music, nobody will get the song. Thats way music actually conveys the identity of a song, according to my opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• mostly the instrumental for me, then the lyric

• All of the above 😊

What Guys Said 5

• I've always been highly instrumental which is why progressive rock is my favorite

• I like music with "size and scope..." music that ambient and has a huge feel to it. Big sound...

With the proper production, a sense of distance can even be conveyed through sound... I love that.

• The drop

• It's mostly everything put together but I'd say the beat

• All of the above