What's the greatest anime you've ever seen?

Ghost in the Shell (1995 film), obviously.

Most Helpful Girl

• that is a difficult question.. ghost in the shell is definitely one of them, but i also think cowboy bebop is really good, also tengen toppa gurren lagann, sidonia no kishi and aldnoah zero

ghost in the shell - because this is arguably the most philosophical anime i have ever watched and continue to watch

cowboy bebop - because of its very unique approach towards space travel, human over-expansion across the galaxy as well as its story around this concept

gurren lagann - because of its artstyle and absurd story and characters, the likes i have never before or since in anime history

sidonia no kishi - because of its very interesting portrayal of humanities last chance of survival inside a seed ship (a seed ship is a ship that is designed to have a very large population that eventually decreases until only 1 survives and was originally theorized to be used to go to planets that would take hundreds of years to reach) as well as its depiction of how the hygg's "god" particle which was very recently discovered by the Large Hadron Collider

aldnoah zero - because of how smart the main protagonist is and how humanity was portrayed as colonials vs indians except that earthlings are the indians.

i have yet to see an anime anywhere near as good as ghost in the shell, but i keep hoping :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you mean movies or series? I will submit some very old series and movies.

- Gatchaman (The original series from the 70's and not that garbage new crap called Gatachman Crowds)
    - Space battleship Yamato
    - Captain Harlock
    - Ulysses 31 (Not a real anime but still)

New stuff
    - Highschool of the Dead
    - Attack on Titan

Films
    - Akira
    - Ghost in the shell
    - Birth (not the greatest but a personal action packed favorite)
    - Perfect Blue
    - Golgo 13

What Girls Said 8

• Most things by Studio Ghibli. My favourites are My Neighbour Totoro, Spirited Away and Ponyo. Akira is good and so is Grappler Baki.

My brother used to have one on VHS called Fear of Imagination, which I liked but I can't remember what it was about. If anyone can find this online then let me know :)

• I would have to say either FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood or Tokyo Ghoul, honestly. Those have the best plots, but the colors and drawings in Ouran High School Host club are plain breathtaking, and the soundtracks for Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler are definite earworms. Danganrompa was just really interesting to watch... it depends what category of 'best' you mean, but if you mean overall, FMAB, definetely.

• Parasyte: the maxim was probably my favourite. Good comedy, good action, gory without being too much, unsettling without being too scary, relatable protagonist and the manga was awesome too.

• i actually met the producer of parasyte in my school before, he's pretty cool :)

• My favourite ones are the ones by Miyazaki, especially Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away.

• Death Note is hands down my favorite anime.
    It is about a teenage boy who finds a supernatural notebook. Anyone whose name is written inside the notebook dies.
    The plot is intense and interesting, the songs are fantastic, and the art is just right. It also has likeable characters that I could relate to on certain levels, and best of all, there is no romance. I can't stand anime that involves romance.

• sailor moon. the rest all have the same whiny plot

• ... You haven't watched much anime.

• Ugh I know Avatar the Last Airbender doesn't count but its so amazing ahhh. I guess I'd have to say Death Note.

• Nana and Peach Girl

What Guys Said 13

• Hokuto no Ken (original T. V. series, not the horrible film that tried to chop up an epic saga into a movie runtime, and not the Manga Entertainment bastardization where they omit a lot of storyline and put drum-n-bass music over it).

... as my picture suggests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3har31wCkg

media.giphy.com/media/irQ2rx6asUet2/giphy.gif

• One Punch Man is my favourite

https://youtu.be/7ib3Ha-PrzI

• Cowboy Bebop

• Ghost in the Shell is ART

• You are so right!

• The Wind Rises.

• It was actually Baccano.

But I also like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood a D Steins;Gate

• Is that even a question to ask?
    That's obviously Neon Genesis Evangelion.

• Yeah, I keep forgetting to watch that one...

• You should, it's still the best anime ever created and it doesn't get old.
      You could also watch "Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone" and the following two movies, which are basically a reboot of the series with some interesting variations.

• my favorite is Hellsing Ultimate, I just love how everyone in it is batshit crazy

• boku no picu, hottest anime ever made.

• I really liked MORIBITO and SWORD OF THE STRANGER

• didn't watch any but heard an anime called "Death Note" is coo' and popular.

• Death note