I was watching the orginial Halloween and I have always wondered why Michael Myers never runs after his victims?

AnyOne have a answer?

Most Helpful Girl

• He isn't really a man but as Dr. Loomis said "evil" he is just a being who is set on killing. He never speaks, runs and for awhile many people wondered if he ate anything. (He does supposedly eat dogs, rats etc) but thats never shown. He doesn't have to run because he always no matter what will catch up to the victim because they screw up. Notice how in the ones with his sister Lori he always walks slow and killing anyone who gets in the way? Its all a way to scare her. What is more creepy, walking with a knife or running? Walking means he isn't in it to get it over with but as a way to taunt. Its all a mind game.
    Thats how I see it anyways. I have seen those movies many many times and always had my theories lol.

I think your theories are probably correct. Just like he appears out of nowhere.

I watch a lot and I do mean a lot of horror and slasher films and any time the killer is a walker and not a runner it seems to be more of a taunting way. The victim thinks "oh Ill get away" then they fall or the killer appears right behind them no matter how fast they run.

I know right I love horror too. It seems that they doom themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• More often than not the villains (or "Slasher") in the slasher genre of horror movies don't run and don't need to run after their victims.

Michael Myers isn't the only one, even Jason Voorhees just walks as quickly as he could when in pursuit of his victims, with only exceptions in some of the very earlier prequels and sequels of Friday the 13ths and the Reboot version.

It's implied that they all somehow have and wield unnatural or supernatural capabilities and possibly could merely just "will" themselves and teleport themselves in proximity to their designated target before totally annihilating them. That is unless they are a pre-scripted and designated survivor of course.

Thanks for MHO!

Oh and by the way, Jason Voorhees in Mortal Kombat X has a move that allows him to teleport to his opponent's position, indicating and implying that Jason could teleport but we never seen it "clearly" happen in the movies, so I would also suspect the same that would apply to Michael Myers if he instantaneously catches up to his victims in all of his movies.

What Girls Said 3

• Because you know his ass is going to keep coming and you're going to have to keep running. You're going to get tired long before he does.

• Maybe the Mask... It might be Hard to do anything Really like "Run," Hun, when it so hot around your face and all he can do Is... Pace.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• ... I'm not sure. I think it's because they always end up falling anyway so he doesn't really have to

What Guys Said 4

• Your right I noticed that too but if you notice they are so stupid where they run and he just casually walks after them while they are fumbling in fear cornering themselves

• He's a methodical stalker/killer who either stealth kills his victims or lets them panic run all their energy away.

• because it is scarier when he walks.

• He doesn't need to. *Girl runs at 30 mph* *Mike walks*
    *Mike still catches up*