What songs/bands should I listen to?

People hear the bands I listen to and start asking about this or that song, and they tell me that I'm not a real "fan" of that music because I have limited knowledge on the songs from the band. I have to get music from a crappy free music app on my phone, so I just download specific songs I already know that I like. Do you guys have any suggestions for songs I should look up from the bands I already listen to, or ones from bands you think I'd like?
Bands I listen to at the moment: What songs/bands should I listen to?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would marry you. And people shouldn't judge your music tastes.

I'll recommend you some albums and then some specific songs:

Dethklok: Dethalbum I, II and III.
    Songs like Volcano, Crush the Industry, Starved, Thunderhorse, The Gears, The Galaxy and Dethharmonic

Metallica: Kill 'em all, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets. You can try also with The Black Album and with Death Magnetic.
    Some songs: Creeping Death, Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets, Whiplash, Fade to Black, The Call of Ktulu, The Unforgiven I and III (2 kinda sucks)

Epica: Consign to Oblivion, The Divine Conspiracy, Design your Universe and The Quantum Enigma. Also there is an classical music album called The Score. Also recommended.
    Some songs: Ballads like Chasing the Dragon, Safeguard to Paradise, Canvas of Life and White Waters. Songs like The Obsessive Devotion, Martyr of the Free Word, Semblance of Liberty and all the songs named after the albums recommended

Symphony X: The Damnation Game, The Odyssey, The Divine Wings of Tragedy, V-The New Mythology Suite, Iconoclast and Paradise Lost.
    Songs: Reign in Madness, Sea of Lies, Heretic, Evolution, The Eyes of Medusa

Sonata Arctica: Reckoning Night, Silence, Stones Grow her Name, Unia
    Songs: Caleb, Don't Say a Word, Shamandalie, My Selene, The Power of One, Tallulah, San Sebastian, Wildfire Part III

Nightwish: Once, The Poet and the Pendulum, Wishmaster, The Greatest Show on Earth
    Songs: Romanticide, Dark Chest of Wonders, Kinslayer, Creek Mary's Blood, Crownless, Wanderlust, Elan, Eva

Dream Theater: Metropolis Part 2, A Dramatic Turn of Events, Octavarium. Their songs are pretty long by the way
    Songs: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (42 minutes :D ), Honor Thy Father, Octavarium, Panic Attack, A Nightmare to Remember, The Glass Prison, In The Name of God

Rhapsody of Fire: Emerald Sword, Rain of a Thousand Flames, From Chaos to Eternity, Dawn of Victory, Power of the Dragonflame... all of them

Enjoy :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You listen to some stuff that's similar to my taste-- I'd recommend attack attack, amity affliction, trapt, sugarcult, blessthefall and Jamie's elsewhere for you. If you like those tell me and I could tell you even more I could go on forever lol

What Guys Said 14

• You have quite a few in common with me.
    You MIGHT like 80s thrash: Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament, Death Angel, etc.

Look through my top artists:
    http://www.last.fm/user/fradd13/library/artists

• You've got some good taste in music!

Check out:

Pantera
    Dream Theater
    AC/DC
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Judas Priest
    Megadeth
    Powerman 5000
    Slash

A good mix of some older classics (70's-80's) and newer gems (90's-00's)

Thanks! I do like Pantera and AC/DC, I'm being reminded of so many bands I forgot to download sooner. Man, my memory is crap xD

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons. It's a 23 minute song (The album of the same name has some covers which are cool too). Metropolis Pt.1 is another favorite of mine.

Ozzy - No More Tears, Flying High Again, Mr. Crowley are all great. If you want to try something a little on the softer side try Mama, I'm Coming Home or Goodbye to Romance

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight, The Hellion / Electric Eye (they go together), Breaking The Law

Megadeth - Hangar 18, Symphony of Destruction, Trust

Powerman 5000 - Nobody's Real, Blast Off to Nowhere, Automatic (these are all from the Tonight The Stars Revolt! album which is great in it's entirety, I never really got into their other albums but if you like Rob Zombie and Limp Bizkit this is almost a mix of those styles)

Slash (You know him from Guns N Roses) - You're a Lie, Anastasia, Not For Me

Thanks!

• Tove lo- scars
    ChainSmokers - don't let me down features daya

• Boston, The Cars, and/or Van Halen.

Thanks! Van Halen is good, I'll have to check out the other two

Nice. Boston is definitely awesome, I'm a big fan too... just wish Brad Delp was still around. His story is pretty tragic.
      I would see Boston if the opportunity came up, but honestly I got a little ticked when I saw videos of them with the new singer who looked EXACTLY like Brad Delp. Whether it was intentional or not, it just struck me as trying to replicate his sound AND look.
      Either way, Tom Scholz is a legend in my book... Not only for the music he's made and because his story is quite interesting, but probably my favorite album of all time (close race with Dark Side of The Moon) is Def Leppard's Hysteria which got much of it's sound from the Rockman amp's that Scholz designed...

@Lovelinefan yeah. They called him "the incredible Brad Delp". I miss him, too. His voice was awesome. I got to see them at the Family Arena in St. Louis on June 3, 2016. It was the 40th anniversary of Boston. Maybe they'll come again for the 50th anniversary. Maybe they'll have another new album out. Their latest one is called "Life, Love and Hope." Three songs on that album are sung by Brad Delp. I have all five of their albums.
      Boston
      Don't Look Back
      Third Stage
      Walk On
      Life, Love, and Hope

They also did a single of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen in 2013. It's awesome.
      Here it is. https://youtu.be/hxrlvRmRTYM

• Red and Starset are similar to Skillet. Both are amazing musicians.

Thanks, and I appreciate that you explained which band they're like, it makes checking them out seem more worth while to know they're similar to that band :)

• Baby just listin linkin park. Thas all you need, linkin park , three days grace, breaking Benjamin and you are done.

Far from done, but thanks! :) Any specific songs?

from linkin park: numb, what I have done, somewhere I belong, lost in the echo
      three days grace: riot, I hate everything about you, never too late
      breaking Benjamin: diary of jane, I will not bow

I love all three of those three days grace songs, I haven't heard the others though

• Definitely anything by pentatonix... Just pick any of their songs and you'll know why they're so good

• evanescence have some amazing songs especially their older stuffs
    i can suggest staind some of their songs like zoe jane are really good
    Consequence - The Notwist
    cradle of filth - nymphétamine
    emilie autumn
    snow patrol- chasing cars...

• oasis (the dreams we had as children) top tune!

• You need more Pink Floyd on that playlist.

• Emmure. Emmure. Emmure. Bring me the horizon.

• Just enjoy music, f_ck everything else.

• Do a favor to yourself and take a walk here:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a30576-the-melodic-side-of-rock-metal-100-melodic-rock-aor-glam-metal

Fuck Oasis, Nirvana and Radiohead by the way.

Thanks! P. s. your opinion is your opinion, good on you pal, I'll continue enjoying Nirvana just as I have been thank you

I'm actually surprised how Bon Jovi and Nirvana exist in the same list. Guess it's not their 80s stuff eh?

• You'll never be one of the cool kids listing to that ancient crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVRg8gZ8zPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXEQ_DY-5Co

What Girls Said 8

• rammstein 😁

• Billy Talent
    Black Vail Braids
    And Papa Roach.
    Those are my suggestions from what you listen to.

• Pierce the veil

• If you like Evanescense, you'll like Flyleaf
    https://youtu.be/R5hwNhzMFgc
    https://youtu.be/Bl1AXYOseuY

Thanks! I especially appreciate the videos, it saves my lazy butt the trouble of opening new tabs and searching and everything :D

• Sleeping with sirens and panic at the disco are always good

• Pretty good list, listen to a lot of these. Maybe try

Foo Fighters ("Everlong", "Best of You", "All My Life" etc)

RED
    Rammstein
    Depeche Mode ("Enjoy the SIlence" is one of my favorites)
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Marilyn Manson
    Guns n' Roses

• TØP.

• Don't listen to other people. What they mean by that is that you haven't lived in those years to understand the meaning or experiencing behind the song. Just listen to what you like!

Thanks, but it isn't really that. They get frustrated that I don't listen to the one song they like, and I think it's a good idea for me to listen to more anyway :) I appreciate the advice <3