Are there any shows where a rich, famous guy and a simple, poor girl fall in love?

There are shows where a rich, famous girl and a simple, poor guy fall in love (think Titanic) but are there any shows where it's the other way round?

Even the former happens in real life. Why don't we ever see the latter in real life?

Most Helpful Girl

• Huh? What you're asking about is INFINITELY more common than the reverse.

In fact, what you're asking about is... very literally the story of Cinderella. Which is already pretty much the single most famous fairy tale in Western culture, so, that's more than enough already.

But if that ain't enough for ya... srsly how many movies does this happen in?
    Just off the top of mah head:
    Pretty Woman
    What a Girl Wants
    Mrs. Winterbourne
    Maid in Manhattan
    etc... there are TONS of these.

In general, since wealth is something that makes a man more desirable to lots of women -- whereas it does little or nothing for a woman's attractiveness to most men -- there will be way way WAY more movies with a girl of modest means capturing the heart of a wealthy/powerful man, than vice versa.
    In fact, this whole question is just really, really weird to me. I mean... "Cinderella story" is a stock phrase for a reason!

Whilst I always appreciate the amount of effort you put into your answers, I was looking for something more towarda the girl being on or under the poverty line.

At least 3 of the 4 I named satisfy that requirement.
      At the outset of "Mrs. Winterbourne", the protagonist is destitute, homeless, and in search of shelter at the start of the movie. The heroine of "Pretty Woman" is literally a street hooker. And the protagonist of "Maid in Manhattan" is a single mother who can just barely make ends meet.

In "What a Girl Wants" she lives with her single mother above a hardscrabble restaurant in NYC's Chinatown. Not poverty line, but probably still a paycheck-to-paycheck existence.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty Woman was good for that question but the other way around I only know of real life celebrities that married into it and become more famous and rich after , Tom Arnold was nothing until marrying Roseanne and Dolph Lungren married Grace Jones way back and both furthered their careers and both guys divorced them later on

What Girls Said 10

• Pride and Prejudice is one that comes immediately to mind.

• Another Cinderella Story. Although it's not the best movie, but it's cute and it has that plot.

• almost every mexican telenovela

• Cinderella?

• The only ones I have in mind right now are "A Cinderella Story" (Hilary Duff), "Another Cinderella Story" (Selena Gomez) and "Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song"(Lucy Hale).

• Pretty Woman
    Pride and Prejudice
    Cinderella

• Maybe there are.

• Pretty Woman.

• I think you need to get out more and stop watching tv

I think you need to stick to answering the questions at hand if you're going to be on this site

• Made in Manhattan, pride and prejudice, Cinderella,

What Guys Said 8

• I vote husky because they are more calm from what I've seen. little dogs are parky, yippy, needy, and that is really sweet until it is a pain iun the neck. Dogs take a lot of attention and time.

If you have space, get the larger dog. That said, it is about the dogs personality and temperment, so get to know them.

I've had poodle, doberman, saint bernard, shitzu. Doberman was best of all.

hahah wrong thread... lmao

@redeyemindtricks 18 yr old posted... better than playing vieo games:) good points...

also they shed like there's no tomorrow -- they're basically huge mega-sized Pomeranians. Their coats are super high-maintenance, and there will be fur all over everything, everywhere, all the time.

Where's the actual thread you meant to post this on? lmfao

• Pretty Woman, with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts.

• No that is real life.

• Rich guys are obsessed with plain poor girls in almost every Korean drama lol. And they're mostly successful, since it might appeal to the mentality of Asian females. Lmao

• Probably like every second soap opera.

• 50 shades of grey. Don't know if it's love

• It's so common it's a dead horse trope

• Aladdin 😂😂

Wow I'm an idiot, I read that backwards

Yeah haha