Should Batman drop the whole "no killing rule" nonsense?

• No, Fenixx, killing is wrong (but hilarious)
  • Yes, but it wouldn't be funny after while...
  • But then he'd kill off all the interesting bad guys and then what? Regular purse snatchers, and gangsters and wannabees? How would he go on?
  • Batman for President!
  • Batman should use murder as his *exclusive* method of dealing with bad people...
  • I'm Batman!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• i personally believe if batman started killing criminals he would then be a criminal too. as the saying goes two wrongs don't make a right. =o

• Lol... love this! BATMAN!!

• BECAUSE I'M BATMAN.

What Guys Said 17

• I think no 'Superhero' should drop the -no killing rule- nonsense.

The majority of the youth (and to some extent adults) read comics, youth always looks up to the superheroes and want to be like them, doesn't matter if it's Batman, Super-Man or Spider/Man.

The message that should be conveyed from the comics should always be 'capturing' the criminal and put him behind wars and not 'out for revenge' and killing them.

Killing should always be a last resort, at least this is what I think in terms of dropping the no killing rule thing.

• He'd become the Punisher if that's the case. I wouldn't mind if it's an alternate version if a really fucking dark and depressed and angry Bruce Wayne fighting crime using whatever means necessary to ensure the safety of Gotham and the world. I mean don't they do alternate versions of comic book characters like all the fucking time? I would laugh if they ever made Batman "KILLS" the DC Universe like it was done with The Punisher. Just leave regular Batman as he is though. A Rated R Dark Rough Brutal style as an alternate "what if" version only.

Indeed, good sir!

They theoretically could make a storyline where all of Bruce Wayne's closest family and friends had all became brutally killed off that drives him over the edge and finally SNAPS. E. G. Robin, Alfred, Batgirl, Commissioner Gordon and everyone he had ever cared about all brutally killed off and Batman desperately tries to save them but in the end he fails to despite all of his equipment and resources kind of story. And then he starts to lose it and realize that he should have NEVER given any the worst bad guys ANY mercy at all in the very first place!

Imagine a rated R over the top for Adults and Mature readers version of Batman comics. Very dark, little to no humor, more serious themes.

Kind of like the Marvel MAX Imprint of the Punisher. But for Batman, I'd be sold and interested for the luz anyway, although it loses originality since fighting crime or terrorism by whatever and ALL means necessary had ALREADY been done before with other characters.

• No batman operates outside the law, and he is heroic specifically because he lets due process happen after they are aprehended,
    FYI, Batman shot and killed darkseid
    www.actionfigureinsider.com/.../batgun.jpg

• If you think about all these vigilantes like Batman, Spiderman and Daredevil etc do is beat the literal crap out of bad guys usually hospitalising them and then they are sent to jail only to escape the next day and go back on a crime spree. In the real world those criminals after recovering from hospital would be set free as there is no evidence to convict them and the vigilante would never take stand as a witness and would probably be arrested for assault and battery. Batman is more likely to cripple more criminals than he puts away. Whats the point of tge Gotham Police as tgey can't solve or do anything without Batman, everythime they see the Bat signal in the sky they must decide it coffee and donut time as obviously the caped crusader.
    I prefer the punishers brand of justice because unlike Batman if the punisher went up against the Joker then he wouldn't escape every month fron the insane asylum and go on a killing spree then caught and pummelled by batman for the 70th time.

• Only in alternate universe storylines. The canonical batman doesn't lower himself to murder that often. Heroes are supposed to be better than that. They rise above their enemy they don't sink to their level.

• According to Zak Snyder, he already did. : P

The guy dresses like a bat, works in a cave, only goes out at night, and terrorizes criminals. To the public, everything about him seems sinister but the fact he never kills people proves he's not. That's why it's important.

• Yeah then batman game would have been interesting

• no, his rule is what defines him Killing would bring him down to the criminals level

• only for ones like Joker

• No thats what makes batman
    People ask me who my favorite batman is
    And i say "ben afflack... would be if he didn't kill people the whole time."

• I'm Batman!

• dropping is ok, then he is badman not batman

• He should pull a Jason Todd. Only kill bad guys that are above the law system.

• batman inspires good

We execute murderers and such all the time.. are we not good?

that's different-that's the job of the law. batman is not the law-not to mention the number of corrupt cops... however. because of batman's high moral standards, he's changed criminals-were to start killing whoever he deemed a threat-everyone who spits a piece of chewing gun on the grass could end up dead! batman stand on a higher moral ground then most people... and more powerful... if he started killing... he's just be another thug.

• This is adult conversation - take the kiddie stuff to the basement with your little buddies.

• If Batman drops the "no killing rule" he just turns into The Punisher doesn't he?

• He eventually does after the joker killed Robin. He got older and the world seems darker.