Are any of you a fan of the Mortal Kombat franchise?

Any GAGers here interested or is a fan of the Mortal Kombat Video Game franchise?

Who here likes and play any of the Mortal Kombat games?

For those that aren't what do or did you think of them?

For those had played Mortal Kombat games before which ones did you played?

Which Mortal Kombat games do you own or liked or enjoyed most? Which ones did you disliked? Or didn't like?

3mo Who's next?

MK fans of GAG, where are you?
3mo One last bump. Who else likes and plays any of the MORTAL KOMBAT! Games here? Or watched any of the movies? Or read any of the comic books? Or maybe owned any of the action figures or toys? Or even music CDs such as Soundtracks CDs?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• VERY much so! But it's because I practice martial arts myself. I've had an interest in it since the age of 5/6. We used to rock the MK games on the Sega console back in the 90's. 😁

I still have Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat 2 on my Sega Genesis console. I remember the original game had been censored but you would have to put in a cheat code just to "enable" the Blood effects.

• How can you not? A classic.

Any favorites from the series in particular? As in which MK games specifically? MK 1, 2, 3, Ultimate 3, Trilogy 4, 5: Deadly Alliance, 6: Deception, 7:Armageddon, 8:MK vs DCU, 9: 2011 Reboot, 10: X/XL? Or some other spin off mk games?

What about favorite characters? Any favorites? Or memorable ones?

• I've only played the 2011 reboot. I might have played one of the earlier games too but it was more casual.

Mortal Kombat X / Mortal Komba XL is what got me interested again and had my attention again on the franchise. Especially when I realized they had added the Predator, Alien, Jason Voorhees as guest characters to the game.

I had also seen someone play the 2011 reboot, which is essentially almost the same thing as Mortal Kombat Trilogy with exceptions the Bosses are unplayable in MK "9" (2011 reboot), but the majority of the original cast from the first 3 MK games is in that game's roster, with a completely overhauled and retconned background plot and everything.

• Not really but I do like the song. XD

Glad you liked the video. If you ever do decide to give it a try or if your friends ever play or own it, maybe you can try it. It's over the top bloody and violent and silly as hell. Kind of like that Deadpool movie, with lots of humour, and blood, etc. "Black Humour" or "Black Comedy" basically.

When I first played one of the games years ago, it was when I didn't know how to play video games well. So I mostly just pressed random buttons like mad and won sometimes. XD

• i play it

Which one? The current game, Mortal Kombat X, or some of the older MK games? I liked MK2 a lot as that was the classic, and I also liked Ultimate MK3 and MK Trillogy. I didn't pay too much attention to anything from MK4 and after until MKX came around.

i play video games a lot but i dont really know anything

It's ok. In the beginning, everybody doesn't really know all that much. It takes time and effort to learn anything including a video game. It's contents, it's gameplay mechanics, it's control, and it's background plot (s), etc.

• I liked it

Any particular favorites?

@SinghSong

What you think of the newer addition of characters in Mortal Kombat X? Specifically these characters:

Cassie Cage
      D'Vorah
      Erron Black
      Ferra & Torr
      Jacqui Briggs
      Kotal Kahn
      Kung Jin
      Takeda Takahashi

I thought Erron Black and Takeda had the best design overall out of the new cast. And then you also have the DLC characters although Tanya, Tremor, Bo' Rai Cho and
      Goro aren't "exclusively" new to the MK cast.

I don't know

• Nope.

• I love it, it's one of my favorite fighting video games, my favorites are MK 2, Deadly Alliance and Deception. I didn't like MK 3.

3 was whack as hell LOL. They did way too many versions of MK3, as they had regular MK3, Ultimate MK3 where they brought back all of the "Masked" Ninjas, including the Lady Ninjas When they should have NEVER Removed them in the very first place, and then they went even crazier with Mortal Kombat Trilogy where they brought back a few characters from the first two games that were missing and they ALLOWED all Four Bosses to be usable by players!

vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Well except for the Nintendo 64 and Game. com versions of MK Trilogy, they didn't have all of the bosses playable.

vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

One other thing, in regular MK3, Smoke and Kabal are the most ridiculously broken and OP'd characters.

Smoke can Infinite Loop his Spear Trident Harpoon grab and a low punch repeatedly resetting and cancelling the same thing, spamming it over and over. This was definitely a glitch they overlooked but eventually they "fixed" and removed this in Ultimate MK3 and subsequent MK games.

Kabal was also overpowered and great for trolling newbie players lol

Yeah, I know what you mean, lol :P

• FATALITY!!!
    yes! i love them, especially Kitana, my favourite character!

What Guys Said 7

• I was in my teens. I'm actually surprised it's still around. I'm sure I'd still like it but haven't played it in forever.

• So much of a fan I still remember the days when I would... er... backup the game over 55 floppy disks.

• Not a die hard but I do like that the new ones let you play as Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Predator, Leatherface and others.

I hope they bring Freddy Krueger back in MKX / MKXL because then we can have Freddy and Kason fight MK Style!

They already have Alien and Predator now so why not? Freddy would have been a better choice over Leatherface anyway. Or maybe Pinhead or Michael Myers for Kombat Pack 3?

Freddy vs Jason MK Style since they already did Alien vs Predator MK Style.

• I liked the 2D ones.
    I never played the new one...

I only got a chance to play the new Mortal Kombat games when a friend of mines at school had it on his laptop. It's basically 2D plane or 2D fighting game styles but only with 3D models and backgrounds. The newest and the latest MK game, Mortal Kombat X, is really crazy as they added in guest characters like The Predator, Jason Voorhees, and Leatherface.

Have to try it someday. I just know the ending sequences, brutal, but a little repetitive. I think they got better fatalities in the 90's.

Indeed, the "Brutalities" in Mortal Kombat X or MK XL are even more sicker and stylish compared to some of the older 2D MK games.

• Love 'em! I had 1,2,3 and X haha

X had the best and craziest Guest Characters line-up ever!

Predator, Alien, Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, makes me wonder who are they going to add in as another guest in "Kombat Pack 3 DLC", I'm hoping for Freddy Krueger to return. I mean, C'MON they basically did Mortal Kombat vs. Alien vs. Predator vs. Jason vs. Leatherface here. Then we can make it MKX vs AvP vs Freddy vs Jason vs Leatherface.

Either bring back Freddy or Ash Williams from Evil Dead or Army of Darkness because WHY THE FUCK NOT? I want another character with a chainsaw and a BoomStick!

DareDevil and Punisher would be awesome, they would REALLY fit in with the violent/ slight humour of the games

Same for Blade, he has a bit of a healing factor too, but not nearly as ridiculously OP'd compared to Deadpool's so maybe he would be more fitting. I was hoping Blade would have made it to Marvel VS. Capcom 3, but that unfortunately didn't happen probably because of the whole darker and violent nature of his movies, blood, guns, swords, etc. But in Mortal Kombat? There are No such restrictions on adult themes and content so he would fit really well with Fatalities, etc. there.

• Never played it

Would you be interested in trying it at some point later? Or are you completely not into any kind of fighting games?

I'd be interested but they aren't on steam

Are you sure? Mortal Kombat X is here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/307780/

and Mortal Kombat "9" or the 2011 Reboot is here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237110

If you want to get MK X I would recommend to wait until the second DLC "Kombat Pack 2" is out first or at least until they rebundle it all and re-release it as Mortal Kombat XL like they had done so earlier for the consoles. Save some money more or less instead of getting DLCs separately. I just heard about it recently they decided to "Un-fuck" Over the PC owners and fans of that game when they had originally announced that DLC was cancelled.

You get to play as the Predator and Jason Voorhees in Mortal Kombat X, and when Kombat Pack 2 or MK XL is finally released on Steam you can also play as the Alien and Leatherface.

• Nope.

Would you consider trying it at some point? Or are you like not interested at all in any type or kind of fighting games?

If you do decide to try and get the game (s) I would recommend particularly the last two, either get Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition or it's sequel MK X or MK XL as both are available on Steam.

I recommend to wait a little while longer if you go for Mortal Kombat X as they are finally updating that game with the Kombat Pack 2 DLC that they had owed the fans in the first place when they had released it for the consoles.

Not a fan of that kind of fighting game.