Who Thinks These TV Shows Should Be Brought Back As A Basic Public Service?

Who Thinks These TV Shows Should Be Brought Back As A Basic Public Service?America's Most Wanted ran for 24 years on the Fox Network and One year on The Lifetime Network. As of March 30, 2013, 1,202 people had been captured because of AMW. This was the one show that my Family watched every Saturday without complaint. It always felt like this was a very Important and Serious show that all Americans had to watch for the greater good of everyone. From the time I was 8yrs old until I was 32 I watched or recorded this show out of a sense of civic service. I still believe this show needs to be on the air and watched by all Americans!
Unsolved Mysteries was similar to AMW but had more of a documentary format. It profiled almost all mysteries that where out from Bigfoot to Aliens to Lost Loves and Unsolved Crimes. Even covering the unsolved murder of Tupac in '96. It changed networks four times and had 3 hosts. Robert Stack being the most loved. It was the first time I had ever heard of D. B. Cooper's great robbery and escape. I remember after I watched this I asked my Dad if it was true to which he joked "Yes but they didn't give me that much money." I didn't trust my dad for 5 months after that point. But the show was eerie and uplifting all at once. I miss the wonder and intrigue it brought to my mind. I think it was as much of a staple of great television as AMW and think both of these shows need renewing!

What about you, Agree Or Disagree?

• Agreed!!!
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like to see Unsolved Mysteries make a comeback. That was one creepy show and they talked about everything!

Most Helpful Guy

• You may enjoy Escape TV, or the Justice Network then. It's ch. 13.5 and 21.3 where I am. Free digital TV.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• It might be good,
    But I also want a scripted show about a Drunk Chimp with a gun

• I was never a fan of those shows to be honest maybe more documentaries

• America Most Wanted is now on CNN, Unsolved Mysteries was good in the 80s but you got enough of these shows out already (the 1st 48, etc)

• Does it matter? Who the hell even watches pbs?