Is it true people on social media dont give "likes" to someone's photo if they're jealous of how they look?

I'm talking about both genders could a guy be jealous of how good looking a girl looks or not? I dont understand people give so much attention and likes to the people that least return the favor or already has attention. Today facebook is all about being popular its annoying. Why do people give so much likes on attention seeking whores?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah.

They give likes to try and be liked by them. It's weird. On social media, even sweet girls will follow the crowd. They'll join in posing like models with the brash guys in the group compared to the good ones.

Often like wise, it's about faps. Guys will like after rapping. Girls like to try and be part of the crowd.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think with girls that could be the case. Some petty girls won't like other girls pictures if they think they're pretty maybe? They don't want to give them the satisfaction of their like?

It's pathetic really. Just get over it, people care far too much about other people's lives in my opinion :)

What Guys Said 4

• I think there can be a bit of that maybe more jealous of the attention person is getting.

• Girl, we live in a world where that "like"button ruined thousands of relationships😂😂😂 so yea that's likely

• Especially Instagram, it's basically GiveMeAttentionGram.. 99% of girls are caked with makeup under some good lighting fishing for likes. I give 'em if they put a funny quote in the description but mostly I avoid that cancer altogether

My Instagram is mainly street/travel photography. Some food pictures, but they can get annoying so they're occasional. Most of the accounts I follow are Travel photography. I'd say over half of them belong to women.
      The rest of the stuff I follow is "boring" stuff like healthy cooking & restaurants etc.
      It's not all selfies,

It's depends what you're looking for

• Probably for some people, yeah

What Girls Said 2

• i dont really like anyones pictures, few exceptions are weddings and babies, past that im not gonna like one of the 20 selfies you posted this week, some people are vain and want/need the attention

• your question makes no sense.