Is Being a Phone Sex Operator a Bad Thing?

So being a phone sex operator I get a lot of questions like "Do you not like yourself?" or "You don't think you can get it in real life?"
What are you thoughts on phone sex. Is it played out? Waste of money? Dishonorable or unethical?

Most Helpful Guy

• I put it in the depends area - If people take part in it are not exploited on either side, all okay - It strikes me as a waste of money, I don't know about dishonourable or unethical - All this type of work, if done fairly is okay with me - My main problem is not the operators or the customers but the actual owners that set up some of the dodgy practices like ways to keep phonecall long etc where they take lion's share of the money.

Most Helpful Girl

• A job is a job. I see nothing wrong with it. If you like/are okay with the job then that's all that matters.

What Guys Said 12

• As usual - I won't shame a person for their career choice, but neither do I have to agree, support or respect it.

• Ugh. It's just a job. If it pays better than flipping burgers or working retail , why not?

• It's a job
    Who cares?

• I don't know if im weird but my question would be "how does one apply for that job" lol
    I was never really into it, idt there's anything wrong with it but it just wasn't my thing
    Id be really bad at it anyway lol

You apply for the Internet. It's not for everyone but with practice looking at porn or reading erotica, that'll help

Oh no i didn't mean that i wanted to get into it lol i was legit curious
      I can't imagine it would be very hard for a woman to talk to a guy like that on the phone
      Not with our caveman brains hahaha

• don't use them myself, but I would not care if my partner was one, may even get some new ideas for the bedroom, i should imagine that you don't struggle for subjects to talk to your friends about

friend me so we can talk privately as I would love to hear about your job, I think its great

• Give me a call and I can give you.. your answer haha! I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all tbh. Good luck too you.. make money off sad lonely men! :)

• No, if that is good for you then do it.

• I think so absurd.

• I've never actually thought about it before. You just sit down and talk dirty over the phone to some random guy right? I guess it's not that bad if that's all you really do.

• I don't see it as a bad thing per say, there are far worse things to be doing but I wouldn't date a woman that was a phone sex operator.

Why? I respect your opinion but I just want to understand why. Considering it's a no strings attach, anonymous call plus the fact that she does it for money. Why would that be a no deal for you?

Good point. I can't speak for every operator but I know that I don't prey on desperation for money at least that's not what I aim for. I think it's more of everyone has there reason for what they do. I think guys who pay for phone sex seek something that they would usually get judged for in real life so they come to us anonymously because we don't judge. I feel that it's more of a comfort thing other than a quickie for cash. Like I said everyone has there own opinion and reasoning. But that's mine. I totally understand what you're coming from and you shouldn't date someone you don't respect. Thank you for sharing and helping me understand.

You raise valid points as I say I don't view what you do as being unethical but what would you say if your boyfriend or husband equated your job to cheating on him? This is the view of some men who use this answer as a reason not to date strippers, pornstars and other job occupations where sexuality is used as a way to make an income.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• I have Only One Question here, Dear: Where do I apply?
    I see Nothing wrong with it. If you are Cut out for it, have a Nice voice, Good monies to be Earned is Worth every Cent from every Gent.
    Good luck. xx

• I do not consider it a bad thing.