What do you think of this song (The Ballad of Danny Bailey)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good song. One of the lesser known songs on a double album full of hits. Probably the best album of the genius songwriting duo of Bernie Taupin and Sir Elton John.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Def not my type of music but it sounds okay

• Elton John has never been one of my favorite artists however he is very talented and I do enjoy some of his songs. I'm more into Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike him or his music it's just not my preferred cup of tea.

I like most of the people you listed, though Ted Nugent and Pink Floyd are WAY overrated.
      I've had people try and tell me Pink floyd is a better band than Rush which is just false

Floyd and Rush played different styles of music. Who is better is all dependent on who the listener is. Myself I prefer Floyd over Rush, I have nothing against Rush at all. Have you listened to Nugent when he was an early teenager and played with The Amboy Dukes? I like his way of speaking out against the system in some of his songs. I even have a Ted Nugent for president sticker on all my vehicles. I like his politics!

• In love Elton

• I'm not a fan of Elton John, but this song sounds good.

• It's nice

What Guys Said 3

• I am not a fan of Elton John or 70s ballads so you were in trouble before you started - I'll be kind, I didn't throw up

• I think it is formulaic song with no hook, no pretty melody, nothing that makes it memorable. I am a big Elton John fan but much prefer songs like Funeral For A Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding or Tiny Dancer.

• This is the only ballad I like https://youtu.be/m5WJJVSE_BE