Did anyone like the 8th harry potter book?

I definitely didn't like it that much

Most Helpful Guy

• Dunno, ever since the 80's I've noticed there's no reason to read the book if (unless you want to pick out the minor changes from a movie script) when if it's even remotely worth a crap someone will make it into a 2-6 hour movie anyway and probably a video game while they are at it. A lot quicker than spending a week reading the book. Hell even technical manuals and science books get turned into documentaries.

Most Helpful Girl

• First JK Rowling didn't write it all herself so don't criticize her. Second a script is far less descriptive than a book or watching the play. I will never know how actors in plays can understand a characters emotions and how to show that when the script isn't descriptive at all. I saw the play in person and it was fantastic.

What Guys Said 4

• Thats because its not really a book, its just a script for a play.

It was still a pretty bad script.

In fact, I almost feel as though she's worked SO hard on the first 7 books how could she let her hard work go to waste by enabling this book to come into publication

lol I agree and the story has so much potential. Shame.

• You know I have always be meaning to read the Harry Potter books - Should I start at the first book or is there a stand out book?

I would recommend starting at the beginning. They each follow on from each other and they do kinda cover what happened before but there's a lot of background stuff you might wanna know :) My favourite books are the 2nd and 3rd but you'll finish the 1st and get there pretty quickly.

• i never watched harry potter movie or read any book

• No, I didn't like it at all

What Girls Said 8

• Maybe JK Rowling is Losing... Her Magic Touch.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

Have to upvote that pun lol

Its not entirely written by JK Rowling by the way. I am sure her part in the project was minimal.

@Pac-Man lol With her money, maybe she is Harry's Good Luck Charm. xx

• Mehhh it sucks
    No depth, poorly developed characters... also it's representation in play format doesn't help. It sounds like some mediocre fan fiction.
    It's not even fully written by JKR. She just wrote basic stuff and it was expanded and retouched by other people

It was so bad.

Ron is not an idiot. It seemed to imply Draco had feelings for Hermione or at least a soft spot despite him being married.

and lol Lord Voldemort had a daughter seriously it was just so bad.

Lots of people adore harry potter and are so curious about the characters. To date we have discussions on snape etc. and they just made all those characters a carricature of their former selves in the book

True! Also as you said Voldemort having a daughter was weird AF. The sight of Bellatrix and Voldemort having sex together scarred me for life🙈

• Never read any of the books :x

• Still haven't finished it but that's because I don't want Harry to end! So far what I've read is alright but I mean, it's kind of trying too hard to be relevant. AND some of it is just like bad fan fiction. Do you listen to mugglecast?

• As the eighth installment? Not really!! I don't include it in the entire HP series. It's just a Harry Potter play book for me and I like it the book that way.

• I haven't read it yet, but I've been hearing that it wasn't that great.

Precisely.

Some of the characterization has been flat out butchered

Ahh, that sucks. I feel like I still have to read just because, but I've already prepared myself to be disappointed lol

• I didn't read them : ]

• No, I stopped reading them around the 4th book I think.