How often do you upgrade your smartphone and/or tablet?

How often do you upgrade your smartphone and/or tablet?

• Each year
    12% (3)17% (4)15% (7)Vote
  • Every two years
    21% (5)30% (7)26% (12)Vote
  • Every three years
    12% (3)9% (2)11% (5)Vote
  • Every four years
    12% (3)9% (2)11% (5)Vote
  • No specific amount of year, depending on if I fully paid off my phone (with a certain payment plan)
    12% (3)22% (5)17% (8)Vote
  • Others
    31% (7)13% (3)20% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|9

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never upgraded a phone or tablet. I just buy one when I need it and if it goes bad, I get another-I've had my tablet for about 4 years. Same ole one, works fine.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Usually once a year, but that's only my phone.
    I replace my MacBooks usually every 1.5-2 years and I just got my first iPad so I'll have to see when I'll replace that or if I'll even buy another one because Apple devices hardly ever break unless you really try so it's not that you'd actually need to replace them.

1|0
    1|0
  • About every three years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Other.

I get really attached to mine and dont ever part with them until they are completely decimated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too often. I have had the phone I am using now for about a year and a half. Its an Iphone 6 and I recently cracked the screen up so bad, but its not a big deal to me. I still use it like normal lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get bored easily and I want a new phone every year. Tablets I'm not too picky about because I don't even use mine much. Realistically I get a new phone on average every two years or so

0|0
    0|0
  • When ever it breaks or starts acting dumb and barely do what I need.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a very good phone and it has lasted me 3 years but I will need to upgrade it very soon as its starting to get old now and slower.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever it breaks so about a year. I have prepaid

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how used it is. Like if the screen is cracked or something is not working. I don't upgrade just because I can.

0|0
    0|0
  • whenever apple releases something new

0|0
    1|0
  • Dont own either, so never...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I can see myself upgrade after 3 to 4 years. I don't really bother with the higher end smartphones at this point though. Maybe eventually, but not now, and besides I couldn't really use the higher end phones for a cheaper prepaid pay as you go plan as I just don't talk too often on the phone thanks to shit like social media. I find myself texting more often on the phone than talking. And having a data plan doesn't really matter to me at this point since I'm busy with work and school so no real need for data unless I'm going to actually travel frequently.

That and also they quickly go obsolete after 3 to 4 years anyway. But I'm starting to think it's starting to reach most of it's peak at this point.

I also have not decided to get any tablets yet so I do not know. I've been thinking about the iPad Pro and the Surface Pro 4 or the Galaxy Tablet, but have not been able to decide which one I absolutely will purchase yet. I think they would be great for school since they are more lightweight and I could just store and read e-book versions of textbooks onto tablets. Also easier to take notes with a tablet with the right note taking software programs or apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • It usually works out that I end up replacing my phone or tablet every two years.

I don't put strict timelines on this stuff, it is just that my phone starts acting psychotic & my tablet starts having very noticable shitty battery life. :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • When the old one stops working properly xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Bought an Iphone 5... honestly no point in upgrading... much rather buy a nice tv or better computer.

0|0
    0|0
  • When my plan is done.

0|0
    0|0
  • i used to do it a lot when i was a kid, but now i dont own a cell phone any more

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on a lot of things.

0|0
    0|0
  • every year

0|0
    0|0
  • No specific amount of year

0|0
    0|0