For those who are hardcore gamers since the late 1990s-early 2000s, how did you feel about Sega's very last video game home console, the Dreamcast?

Here's a game console that was actually the very first to ever introduce online gaming and internet access before the Xbox and PS2 console ever did. This is the console that produced the last great Sonic the Hedgehog games (then after Sega was completely done with consoles, almost all of their Sonic game have became shit while being ported to non Sega consoles like the PS2, Gamcube and Xbox). It's shame that developers at the time had a lot of trouble with this particular console since it's ahead of it's time. Not only that, the PS2 started to come along, which was a nail to the coffin for the Dreamcast. Some people have said that the Dreamcast is what kinda inspired Microsoft to make the Xbox consoles. What do you guys think?

• I think it was an awesome game console that was one of, if not, the most underrated home console in gaming history.
  • I thought it was an alright console but nothing too special like the Playstation 2
  • I thought it was an okay console.
  • I think it's a horrible console that's overrated by some gamers.
  • Others

Most Helpful Guy

• I have nothing but fond memories of it. It was the first console to introduce NBA 2K and NFL 2K (fuck you, Madden) so it will always have a place in my heart. I wish I never sold it.

What Girls Said 1

• My big brother had one. He said it was shit and got an Xbox.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it had to do with the supply and demand from the casual gamers at the time, and many people were wanting Mario games and Shooting games.

People were capable of playing online with Xbox Live and PlayStation, so many sega fans demanded for new games.

They only developed 30 games for the dream cast only 4 sold and it was sonic games out of the 30.

But Nintendo is probably gonna go through the same crap when they create that Nintendo Xbox

"People were capable of playing online with Xbox Live and PlayStation, so many sega fans demanded for new games."

Yeah but the Dreamcast introduced that feature first before the Xbox and PS2 did. The Dreamcast was released in 1999, which is a year before the PS2 and two years before the Original Xbox release date.